Skill

The 'Edited' Attempt ;p

Good kills, but the footage is quite choppy when it's slowed down.  If you want to get smooth slow motion I'd recommend recording the kills at 0.25 host_timescale, then speeding it up to 4x for regular speed playback.  This means you get 60fps footage at 4x slowdown, which is more than enough.  If you do this you'd also need to record the sound separately at 1x speed, then line it up with the footage.  It's quite a bit of work, but the ultra smooth footage makes it 100% worth it

2 minutes ago, Skill said:

Remember this is my first time editing a video, so why is everyone being so harsh. But thanks to the people who gave me useful comments

Wasn't meant to be "harsh" it's constructive criticism, don't post montages expecting it to be perfect and no one will point anything out, just accept it and improve.

so you think

8 minutes ago, Pasickle said:

Why is the fps 30 it's triggering me.

Is contructive criticism? and No i never thought is was going to be perfect, as i have said multiple times, its my first attempt. And i have accepted and thanked the people who gave me good feeback. And that comment wasnt directed at you. So pls dont try and make it seem that i'm being a little cry baby about my montage not being good, because im the opposite

41 minutes ago, iZac said:

Good kills, but the footage is quite choppy when it's slowed down.  If you want to get smooth slow motion I'd recommend recording the kills at 0.25 host_timescale, then speeding it up to 4x for regular speed playback.  This means you get 60fps footage at 4x slowdown, which is more than enough.  If you do this you'd also need to record the sound separately at 1x speed, then line it up with the footage.  It's quite a bit of work, but the ultra smooth footage makes it 100% worth it

holy shit ty ive been too lazy to figure that out

skill just use their comments as constructive criticism so you can improve, most of them are a bit too mean but they still have a point. i really dgaf about my lazy editing since i do it for my own enjoyment but otherwise i would love to have these many comments telling me how to improve for the next one :p

edit: i forgot to post this so those last 2 comments weren't here when i typed this

edit2: for once unseen must be proud of me since im not part of this clown fiesta wooo :beer::beer:

Edited by Blyss

Honestly, if I ever need to round up a list of the real skids draining the life fuel of Outbreak - I'll just get Skill to post a video and I'll get evidence from the responses as well. And people doubted me when I said Cereal was part of it :^)

Aside from the fact that half of you were just being troll and spamming anyway, the other half of you really need to learn some tact. I don't think Skill's been against constructive criticism at all but most of you who were actually trying to 'help' just come across as reproachful.

I would agree with some of the comments, it ended up a bit choppy and afforded the fps due to some of the editing you added. I think you took it a tad too far in comparison to the simplicity of your previous video, but nonetheless you are trying new things and you'll learn with time.

Also fuck you to all the people who keep saying 'stop making new threads', to every one of you who says this there are 10 people who say 'dead forums xd'. It might not interest everyone, but by making a new thread he creates discussion for his content and it expands off that. I know in Skill's case his other video was recent, but other people would be bumping ancient threads to 'keep it in one place' for you. If you don't want to see it, just mark as read and leave.

Cleaning up this thread and allowing people to actually give constructive criticism (constructive being the key word, google what it means people). There's a key difference between someone being overly sensitive and the majority of you just being twats.

I like the frags and choice of music - both work well together and have good pace, but as others have mentioned, the fps could be improved easily by using the method that iZac talked about.

Another minor thing which would help is to only show your kill notices, or if you still want to show other people dying, maybe make it stand out more - add a red outline, give it a glow, just something to give more impact to your kills.

Also, not a massive fan of the sounds being slowed down that much (e.g. 0:27), for me it makes the clip feel softer and drawn out as opposed to when the sound is normal speed but synced with the slowed down video - but I know that some people like that effect so whatever, your choice.

Overall, great clips and a pretty sick video!

49 minutes ago, The Almighty Eagle said:

Also, not a massive fan of the sounds being slowed down that much (e.g. 0:27), for me it makes the clip feel softer

This.

It makes the kills seem kind of soft and shitty when in reality they're nice sharp kills, and keeping them at normal speeds is more likely to show it, because there's some nice shots there. :D

I enjoyed the video quite a lot. The use of 3rd person angles and choice of music was really good. A lot of good frags in the video.

The one thing I would change is that if you're going to slowdown a kill, show the clip in normal speed then replay it in slow-motion afterwards. That's something that I like to do so I think it comes down to personal preference mostly.

Looking forward to seeing the next video. Your video editing is definitely improving a lot since the first one.

Edited by Veng3nce