Sign in to follow this  
Skill

So i made another one...

Why don't you just post videos in your other posts than making a new one every time? I enjoy the content but sometimes its a waste having to look at a new post instead of watching all the ones you have.

1 hour ago, Oldmike said:

Everyone in OB in terms of "montage" and "fragmovies" are the same. All just put a bunch of clips together with no editing whatsoever, not even trying to improve. Is it just me or do normal people aspire to become better at whatever they like to do? Am i being unreasonable?

even me? :( 

1 hour ago, Oldmike said:

Everyone in OB in terms of "montage" and "fragmovies" are the same. All just put a bunch of clips together with no editing whatsoever, not even trying to improve. Is it just me or do normal people aspire to become better at whatever they like to do? Am i being unreasonable?

Depends if they are aiming to show off the clips or show off their editing ability. A lot of people in OB will find it challenging enough to time music + put the gun sounds back into clips at times (if they want to remove other sounds), yet alone any aesthetic editing or improved viewer entertainment.

It would be nice to see some more complex/different styled edits, but at the same time that can take a lot of time and if people aren't interested in doing it then it's their own choice if they want to take the editing further. For a lot of the people making these videos the quality of the clips themselves would probably be something to work on before exploring more advanced editing anyway. Just my chip on it though, would be interesting to see some of the more capable video editors produce a real sweet montage at some point.

All the same, liking your clips Skill and imo there were clear improvements in the clips themselves since your last video. Looking forward to seeing your next one xo

2 hours ago, Oldmike said:

Yeah as Unseen said above, I already find it hard to make something like this, takes me hours and hours and I know I'm not a good editor so that's why I just make it simple, I could try and learn how to edit in the future. You are right in saying i don't put full effort into my montages because it's only something I do for fun and I don't really dedicate myself on doing them. But maybe you will see some more editing on my next one :p

The point i am trying to make is, nobody needs/wants to see some random clips put together("show-off" as Unseen calls it). If we wanted that we could just watch some shit youtuber who makes highlight video's with no editing.

I know editing is a hard skill to learn and master but alot of people say "i just do it for fun". Makes me question a few things. What i am used to is, when people have fun in doing certain things it triggers an automatic sense to wanting to become better in what they are doing. That's how humans work(In general). Also most people love spending time on what we love and find fun. You know i really don't care when you are new to editing and you're shit at it. I think most people would agree with me on this. I'd love to see you imrpove and have some ambitions. There are LOADS of video's and content to help you out with editing, from beginner stuff to highly advanced stuff.

Skill don't take this personal

Edited by Oldmike

8 minutes ago, Oldmike said:

The point i am trying to make is, nobody needs/wants to see some random clips put together("show-off" as Unseen calls it). If we wanted that we could just watch some shit youtuber who makes highlight video's with no editing.

I know editing is a hard skill to learn and master but alot of people say "i just do it for fun". Makes me question a few things. What i am used to is, when people have fun in doing certain things it triggers an automatic sense to wanting to become better in what they are doing. That's how humans work(In general). Also most people love spending time on what we love and find fun. You know i really don't care when you are new to editing and you're shit at it. I think most people would agree with me on this. I'd love to see you imrpove and have some ambitions. There are LOADS of video's and content to help you out with editing, from beginner stuff to highly advanced stuff.

Skill don't take this personal

Yeah i see what you mean, and like i said above, hopefully i can do some good editing in my next one :)

CSGO montages are always a bit tricky imo. Your balancing up wanting to show off what you can do in a nice little time frame without showing people stuff they have seen time and time again. My biggest advice to you, is length. There was some good clips in there but you could have easily taken almost half of the stuff out. We dont need to see you spraying down 3 people as the eco rush b site, try to avoid 1 kill clips as much as possible unless they are insane. 

When I make my videos, I want people to say "yeah that was nice, I liked that" or "that shot was sick" but I also want them to appreciate the work I have put into make the music match up, the pacing, the humor in my videos. It can be pretty tough trying to get that all together, and sometimes Im worried people wont like them. But I still know putting in that effort really elevatess the finished project. 

So yeah my 2 cents

I completely get that @Oldmike, and I do agree with what you are saying for people who are trying to get something out of their videos. For the viewer we want to see different stuff, improvement etc - but at the same time people shouldn't feel a need to improve x amount for us lot if they are just sharing something they've done for the heck of it.

Sniffles saying (and you +rep what he said) that he'd rather wait longer for a good montage than see an 'okay' one every few weeks, although I get what you mean it's not like people in OB are trying to provide for us as an audience. They haven't got some fan base to prove themselves to and they aren't getting anything particular out of it - if they just want to chuck all their clips together both for their own memory and to share them then they shouldn't have to fulfill an editing expectation, you don't have to watch the content they provide.

In regard to your comment on improving in what you enjoy, in some cases I completely get you - but I'd honestly say that's a person to person basis. Is every single montage creator enjoying editing because of the final outcome or just because they enjoy recording some clips and chucking them together? Different people do what they do for their own entertainment in their own way. A large majority of people play CS in this community for enjoyment but I can guarantee a large bunch don't care about improving, I for one do not give a single flying fuck about my CS skill but I still enjoy playing games with people on it (another example is those who troll mix, do you think they care about being good at any aspect of it?).

This is just a discussion, so don't get me wrong I'm not trying to put down your points. I just feel a lot of what you're saying and perceive is based upon what you would apply to yourself, when a lot of other people just want to provide content on their own terms regardless of improving quality or not. If someone put a lot of time into one montage and it was insane then they would receive more praise from me for the amazing content they've provided, but that doesn't mean I would hold anything against those who might put less time in (or be less capable) and just upload their clips with less appealing content but at their own merit.

In reply to people saying they don't want as many videos or that people should stuff all their videos into one thread (which if they were uploaded all at once, ofc I agree) are being grumpycats in most cases imo. More videos (within reason) being shared with a post each means more forum content and more discussion, heck if this video had just been linked at the end of his last thread people might've rep'd it or just said 'o cool' but not discussed as much off it. Everyone's entitled to an opinion on the content itself of course, I just think some people need to be more open to how someone else might see their own work that they share and some people need to be less grumpy with how much content people share.

tl;dr - oldmike u have a small penis xd

Edit: Just realised how much I typed for this, wtf am I doing with myself