Sign in to follow this  
The Untainted One

CSGO Atlanta ELEAGUE Major 2017 Picks

UMnVSWP.jpg

My boi Flush gonna lift his mouse hard.

Edited by Guest

Spoiler

ghFC0QN.jpg

These are mine, still undecided on the liquid though, might change it to flipside tonight

Edited by Designated Retard

Hello, my name is Danny. I think Optic are the best team in the world because they won an event at the end of the year.

I also am certain their peak hasn't deteriorated over the extensive break, and they will bring elite tier cs at the major, they're totally not like any other team which peaked and then sucked.

Because of this, I now value them over players who have proven over the course half a decade they are the best of CS, making it to at least the quarter finals of every CS-GO major in existence.

Twist, Dennis, Olofm, Flusha, Krimz??? All fucking noobs. Stanislaw is now top5.

Edited by Lewis

7 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Hello, my name is Danny. I think Optic are the best team in the world because they won an event at the end of the year.

I also am certain their peak hasn't deteriorated over the extensive break, and they will bring elite tier cs at the major, they're totally not like any other team which peaked and then sucked.

Because of this, I know value them over players who have proven over the course half a decade they are the best of CS, making it to at least the quarter finals of every CS-GO major in existence.

Twist, Dennis, Olofm, Flusha, Krimz??? All fucking noobs. Stanislaw is now top5.

Look at Optic, Godsent and Fnatic. Out of these three teams, players in Godsent and Fnatic have higher status, we can all agree upon that. BUT, status doesn't magically make you a better team CURRENTLY. Obvious other example at the moment is EnvyUs. Although we can all agree that Optic winning Eleague was a fluke and that was their peak performance and will probably not replicate it. We can say that Optic are in better form than the two swedish team at this point. Have you watched fnatic and godsent play? The old team synergy? Gone. Tacticly better than Optic? No. Maybe only skill wise they are better than Optic. Other then that, Optic are overall a team in better shape at this moment. The swedish shuffle was a big flop and big waste of time for everyone involved. So i'm with Danny with this.

Edited by Oldmike

Just now, Oldmike said:

Look at Optic, Godsent and Fnatic. Out of these three teams, players in Godsent and Fnatic have higher status, we can all agree upon that. BUT, status doesn't magically make you a better team CURRENTLY. Although we can all agree that Optic winning Eleague was a fluke and that was their peak performance and will probably not replicate it. We can say that Optic are in better form than the two swedish team at this point. Have you watched fnatic and godsent play? The old team synergy? Gone. Tacticly better than Optic? No. Maybe only skill wise they are better than Optic. Other then that, Optic are overall a team in better shape at this moment. The swedish shuffle was a big flop and big waste of time for everyone involved. So i'm with Danny with this.

Everyone in the CS-GO community seems to be on this train that Fnatic aren't doing well, and haven't clicked. I'll point out that they haven't actually played a single LAN event together yet lol

They played Optic at E-league, beat them 19-17 in a bo1, then almost took it to a 3rd map on d2. I'll also point out that they did that with: A new disco doplan, a JUST returned Krimz, and fucking Jumpy instead of dennis lmfao. If Optic run into fnatic at the major as a full lineup (Dennis, Krimz, Twist, Olof, Doplan) I assure you that's a 60-40 game for fnatic.

Optic's E-league win was an utter fluke yeah, could already see that fluke going out the window at ECS: When Astralis beat them 16-7 16-6 16-11 over the event. 

Of course can get lucky with the draw, but yeah.. Fnatic favoured over them

1 hour ago, Lewis said:

Because of this, I now value them over players who have proven over the course half a decade they are the best of CS, making it to at least the quarter finals of every CS-GO major in existence.

Go read about NiP.

Where the hell have Krimz and Olof been in the past half a year too?... I think they're still falling off the side of that cliff over there.

Last time Twist got top 8 was with LGB or something Like 3 years ago? Doplan been in limbo with Epsilon since failing to make it into NiP.

Also the majority of the team that accomplished that, just got 2-1'd by Pride.

Pride.

(albeit in an online knockout system qualifier, but it's still Pride who are the 3rd best team in Poland)

51 minutes ago, Lewis said:

They played Optic at E-league, beat them 19-17 in a bo1, then almost took it to a 3rd map on d2. I'll also point out that they did that with: A new disco doplan, a JUST returned Krimz, and fucking Jumpy instead of dennis lmfao. If Optic run into fnatic at the major as a full lineup (Dennis, Krimz, Twist, Olof, Doplan) I assure you that's a 60-40 game for fnatic.

Optic's E-league win was an utter fluke yeah, could already see that fluke going out the window at ECS: When Astralis beat them 16-7 16-6 16-11 over the event. 

They're sub was their coach, so any philosophy issues shouldn't really come up. None of Fnatic could go positive vs Optic. Barely a 'near' map 3.

Optic have placed very well in two recent events, whereas Fnatics Last appearance was Eleague Season 2 where they were soundly beat in a BO3 by Optic. Optic did lose the Bo1, on Cache, which after in the Bo3 where the picking phase for maps is far more tactical where Optic 2-0'd them.

Also trying to dis-credit Optics ECS result by saying Astralis, who many people consider to be the best team in the world atm, soundly beat them in one series and a Bo1 is utterly stupid.

Also it's not like Fnatic didn't attend ECS cause they didn't feel like it, they finished in last place at the Eu Qualifier.. For which the majority of the event they did have they full line up. 

--------------

TL;DR Old Results from an Old Team don't matter, Optic have the far better form. Optic > fnatic going into the Major.