Sign in to follow this  
Twiixtor

YouTube Rewind 2016

Just now, VENGA BUS said:

Isn't twitch even bigger reality tv with 'real' reactions to live in game instances? It's just more convincing but it's still theatre.

Depends who you decide to watch I guess, I will agree the same shit happens on Twitch but at least it isn't as bad (at the moment) with it like YouTube is. There are still a lot of genuine streamers out there.

@Veng3nce fair but for me I've noticed the most successful are the most performative. Playing games all the time numbs you, and there's no way people can be shocked by the 1/10 chance instance after seeing it for the hundredth time. Yet most I see are.

I think Twitch is the same as YouTube: a stage, albeit a stage geared for a certain audience. Complete with the rules and expectations of a stage. People want spectacle tbh.

yea this ytube rewind was shit tbh I liked the one with gangnam style more as a lot of shit happened that year 4 years ago.

Also +1 on the fake shit, even Pewdiepie who gets like 2 mil+ views per video has to use clickbait.

If the rock can't save your video, then you know you dun goofed, besides not knowing about 90% of the youtubers shown + 2016 being a shit year anyway, this rewind was pretty boring and as many have said, cringy, although i would like not to use that word. Man 2012-2014 youtube was the shit.

I do agree that this 2016 is a pile of shit, this one is super cringy, and shit music choice tbh. I don't think work by fifth harmony was the most iconic song of the year. Plus they put shitty trends on here like the bottle flip challenge which is worse compared to things like the ALS bucket challenge etc. 10% of these youtubers i do know, the rest i've never seen or heard in my life. All the petty drama with youtubers including FouseyTube, etc. has killed the platform a lot.

Best rewinds imo is 2013-15

Spoiler

Edited by Rachel

I recognized a few faces. My main problem with this year's rewind is that there were way too many people making incredibly short appearances. It was especially bad when they were mashed together in groups; it's like a game of "Where's Waldo?" except you only have like, three or four seconds to find the youtubers you know.

Speaking of rewinds, have we ever considered an "Outbreak Rewind"?

Edited by Doomblade94