Lewis

XMAS CS:GO Competetive

Poll on XMAS gather event  

48 members have voted

1. 1. I will 100% be up for playing a gather this christmas (voter names are public)

2. 2. One evening event, or a bit longer?

3. 3. Before or after christmas?

On a side note:

Played via: Popflash

Twitch Stream: ?

Popflash doesn't have any GOTV links available for live gameplay, just the downloadable demos you can get at the end of the game. (I havn't read this thread or any other threads, so if this has been mentioned, ignore me).

I can throw up a couple servers if you'd like them for this event. Yes, on much better hardware compared to the previous ESL event for sure (better processor, dedicated hardware, bla bla bla). I can setup GOTV for the automatic spectating for the stream, or can just use the spectator slots on the server itself. whatever works if someone wants to stream it. Give me a shout.

EDIT - Good luck on the event too.

(ps might be the wrong thread im posting in too :P)

Edited by MrGibbyGibson

Unless Lewis wants different (I could be wrong in everything I'm about to post), we appreciate the offer but I don't think it'll be needed/would work for this thing. Unlike the previous tourney or our plans for next Summer, this is far more compact and more about getting people together to play than the showmanship of it all. Due to the nature of this, many games will be played at once and, rather than setting up multiple servers for it, Popflash allows you to easily setup several games at once with minimum effort and all the games will be played on the same standard of server.

Apart from maybe the final (maybe semis too?), I doubt any of the other games will be streamed (only highlights taken from the demos). For the final itself (if we do decide to stream it) we should be able to work something out - although you did an amazing job for ESL, we have experience setting up servers too x)

This is the discussion thread so you got the right place. Thanks for the offer but afaik we should be alright.  

Okay a few things and updates:

-Sign up list closed (later than I initially stated). I've talked to Unseen a bit (going to be helping me) and we're both in agreement numbers are a bit much to make this work smoothly with how OB is, gonna try get it to 30 if possible.
-Sorry but I won't be taking any more players into the main draw - you can still sign up as a reserve which will be very helpful, and 90% chance you'll be asked to play anyway.
- @Stiqqy you expressed a lot of interest in helping, will need you tonight on ts to talk things over with me and matt
-Teams MAY come out today depending on how our meeting goes. If it's not today it'll be the 23rd as I'm off to London tomorrow. 
-Still yet to be confirmed if it's fantasy points or auto picked by us, we'll let you know tonight.
-

I was v. close to scrapping this event after how the xmas event went, and just playing over in my head how this is gonna go. PLEASE post here or message me if you think you're not gonna be able to make some games on the days stated, no matter how keen you are to play. If someone withdraws close to the game it creates so much work, problems and ruins the fun for the 9 other players in the server.
Literally just think of this as a gather, but you have a team chosen beforehand and you stick with that team. It's down to you guys to make this run smoothly, know when your games are when the schedule is posted, vote on the strawpoll fast - all the usual things. I'll be playing in the event and my games will run smoothly, don't want retards spamming me on steam that they're having problems getting a popflash gather going, unless it's out of your control.

Thanks for your patience, keep training.

Lew, no troll, but the Cheistmas event was awesome fun. The only problems were ones which you haven't faced for ages, so have forgotten about:

1) you underestimated how retarded OB is and how bad we are at listening. This caused a delay.

2) you forgot how p much every event will have some gg game breaking tech fault which REFUSES to make its presence known in the run throughs.

Apart from this, it was great fun and you guys did everything you could to provide a fun, fresh and engaging game mode. Atmosphere on other team wasn't great from what I hear but that's just a roll of the dice in events.

Chill and have faith in urself yung lew xo ?

Lewis forgetting 2ez why we are well and truely slowB. 

Honestly I hope this goes well and smoothly and not like normal gathers were it can take upwards of 15 minutes just to get two people to agree to be captains. 

Also just want to point out 2 things. 

1. Might want to take Heineken off that list. 

2. From my experience of past OB tourneys, the people who delay everything and don't turn up are the total randoms who crawl out of the woodwork just to sign up to stuff like this and are never seen ever again. They are on hardly anyone's friends list and never come on ts to receive information.