Lewis

XMAS CS:GO Competetive

Poll on XMAS gather event  

48 members have voted

1. 1. I will 100% be up for playing a gather this christmas (voter names are public)

2. 2. One evening event, or a bit longer?

3. 3. Before or after christmas?

Okay so we got roughly 25 people who'd play.

Could work it as a group stage type thing. 5 teams of 5 players.

Everybody plays everyone (games will go on at the same time so it doesn't take forever) - you'll play 4 gathers in one day/evening.

Winning team is the one a the top of the leader board

Something like this, but if more people wanna join in we could carry on the same format - but create more teams and have it over 2 evenings, reducing the chance of a draw.

Doing it over 1 Weekend is probably the best format, it worked very well for the League tournament. (Only had to delay the last game cause of Irish's Granddad)

Just find the best weekend or whatever for the majority of people, then build from there.

:santa:

Also hf whoever wants to try and balance these teams.

Edited by DannyS

Just pick good captains again who are more reliable this time and put everyone who plays into their ranks and  pick 1 person from each skill to balance the teams. Maybe that wouldn't work too well. But anyways up to you.

Just now, Rachel said:

Just pick good captains again who are more reliable this time and put everyone who plays into their ranks and  pick 1 person from each skill to balance the teams. Maybe that wouldn't work too well. But anyways up to you.

Well the problem with that last pick (double pick) was OP cause Jamie ends up with a 3rd player as Kriss while Unseen ends up with Liutvi. 

:S

Going off of rank is probably better than captains tbh. 

Although ppl moan rank doesn't mean much, you can make it a lot more balanced by putting a global, supreme, lem, dmg and an mg1 (for example) forcibly on each team, rather than having the possibility of 3 globals vs 1 global due to captain picks - as what happened in event.

it might just but me i want a rank requirement so that teams don't just get the uncarryable silver bot on their team which usually just makes it 4v5 in gathers, i would put it at mg1 maybe gn4, and i know its obvious but i would like it to be people who want to play this properly, maybe the organizers approve of people who sign up instead of just saying you've signed up like normal events.

I would like it to be the active csgo players to take part who plays csgo regularly etc plays mm/gathers preferably.  (looking at you league fags :spooky::spooky:)

imo i agree with lewis that ranks should determine captains but also if needed organizers should input and switch players if a team is looking stacked or if people conflict each other.

I think Rachel's way of balancing teams seems the most fair, if someone happens to be much better than there rank in CS:GO they could be given a rank accordingly, for example if they don't play matchmaking and prefer to play ESEA or Faceit. :y:

2 ideas on how teams could be picked.

1) Group players to their skill ranks e.g. Global, Supreme, etc and then give each player in that group a number. Captains keep choosing until there are no players left in that group then move to the next highest set of skilled players.

Obviously some players are going to be better than others at the same rank but that's the way it always is. This way teams are randomly given players and nobody can complain that teams are too unfair because they should all be similar in rank distribution.

2) Similar to a fantasy team style, each player is given a certain 'cost' for their rank. Captains have a budget and have to pick around their budget.

Obviously this one is very hard to get accurate but is still a fun and quite fair way to pick teams.

I like both those ideas Vengence, especially the second one for its originality. It would require several people helping me. Perhaps we take elements of both:

We take all the globals, all the supremes, all the DMG's etc. Place them into groups

LEM group: Mr. X, Mr. Y, Mr.Z, Mr.P, Mr.A

Then myself and 4 other volunteers for instance, take each group and rank each player in our opinion from best to worst in that group - there will of course be differences, but we then average the results. So a person who was ranked 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 1st may average out to be 1st.

So you'll be left with different rank groups, each player in those groups is ranked on skill. Then we have a system for allocating points. The worst global is more points than the best supreme. So it's taking rank into account, but also popular opinion. Would take time, but seems fun to me, wouldn't mind doing it.

Other ways of working out the fantasy point system tho ofc

Edited by Lewis

That sounds great Lewis lets get a sign up list going and get this on the road.Get it organised early and be prepared.If you need any help just msg me on forums/steam.