Sign in to follow this  
Raw

SourcePawn

Hey all,

Since there is need for some new jailbreak plugins and to improve the current ones, i started to look into coding for SourceMod. Since SourcePawn is not the average language all IT nerds know, i have to dig deep into it to learning the language. I wanted to create this thread to see if there are other members that know how to code in SP, or are willing to learn it. Together we could do meetings, help each other out and teach each others what we do know about coding in general, and especially coding in SP. 

To sum it all up, SP is a language based on Java (looks alot like it) with tons of events and hooks that differ from java to make it work in CS:GO. To get known with all the SP commands the API is a good place to get known with them, and the SM tutorials on the wiki can help alot with it. SP also got some elements of PHP and SQL, so those languagues can be very helpful if you are writing a plugin that needs a database besides it and write query's for it.

If you are interesting to help me and others out on coding, please leave a message here so we can start creating plugins together and improve JB. It would also be helpful if you drop your previous coding experience. Also, if you have ideas for plugins or improvements for JB please put them in the thread for the jailbreak suggestions, or leave a message behind in the SnQ section.

I am know with:

- Processing (simplified Java)

- PHP

- SQL Server

- HTML/CSS

- PHP

- Arduino

If I have the time I will definitely dive in to help you guys:

Experience in:

- Java (most proficient)
- Basic knowledge of C# and Python
- VB.NET

Part-time Web Developer:
- HTML/CSS
- PHP
- SQL
- JavaScript

Edit: One thing you guys should start with is deciding what plugins you want to work on etc and whether they are actually possible or not. A good way to learn is to use APIs, wikipage and look at the code of existing plugins. 

Edited by Gunstar

I've recently had a bit of a scoot about some of the sourcepawn documentation & some source code for plugins and it seems fairly straight forward. I suggest we harvest many ideas from the JB suggestions soon and we create a simple plan how to code it in sourcepawn. Won't take too long.

I know the skills to pay the bills & some skills that won't.

Sorry for not posting on this, i have been busy quite alot over the last weeks and i wil be in the next ones. Once i've got time again i will continue with this and let you guys know it. Hope you all still have interest!