Sign in to follow this  
Shift

Unban request (RESOLVED)

Player Name (at time of banning): Shifttt

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:86339850

Ban/Mute/CT-Ban Reason Given: Very poor attitude and massive disrespect shown towards staff members. (Copied from source bans)

Why you believe your ban was unfair/disproportionate: The moderator was rude towards me causing my attitude to change, the actions of the moderator were not right to start off with (more info in extra:)

Do you have any evidence to support your claim?: Screenshots of the chat were shown to multiple staff to my knowledge.

Date of incident: 21/10/2016, sometime in the afternoon

Extra:

Where to start, the reason for my ban is arguing with a moderator over steam chat over someone getting muted. First some background, at the time of this i had just had a fight with some family member in my house, my relation ship at home isnt the best blah blah you have heard it all before. At this current time i was rather pissed off. I came on the server too cool down, ikr.. Apon playing nothing really happened, the person who got muted was talking in chat to idk who and was repeating the line 'hahah' now and then. This person was not (in my opinion) spamming hahaha as a way to annoy someone or disrepect, the person was just laughting and showing that in chat. Apon doing so they got muted for this and a moderator gave a 10m mute. When seeing this i felt rather annoyed, i felt that it was injust and not fair on the player, in my head i was like 'a 10 min mute for typing normally in chat?! Wtf'. As this happened i comment on it in chat when the moderator responded i started arguing with the moderator, as said i was annoyed and not happy. I then started msging them in steam msg, i dont have the msgs as i cannot load the chat. The moderator explained the reason for the mute i already knew the reason and i was just wondering how that was fair. Apon doing so the moderator said the line of 'you should know this so you are either trolling or are really dumb' this is not 100% the line but you get the point, bascially the moderator was being rude towards me for no reason, saying i was trolling or calling my stupid for questioing a mute i felt wasnt fair? Apon this i didnt really want to talk to the moderator anymore and tried ending the chat, while doing this i was rather rude beacuse i felt insulted by the person, im sorry but if your gunna be a dick to me a i will a dick back its how it works. 

Shifttt: dude
Shifttt: just stfu
Shifttt: and stop msging me please
Shifttt: thank you

The moderator responded with 'Unnammed': Very mature :)

Shifttt: Dude
Shifttt: stop being a dick
Shifttt: please

Then stoped msging me. The moderators actions and way they talked to me treating me with no respect beacuse they though i was trolling or stupid isnt right. And this is why im banned for a week which is a little much? But still how i reacted was wrong saying stfu and calling them a dick wasnt right, although so they were being rude to me so fair game. Thats about it, if i dont get unbanned i completely understand, i am friends with the moderator and no harm to them i have no problemds with this moderator in the past and felt that they have done right in the past as well. Thank you for reading. 

~Edit 1: I did no read though this so spelling mistakes will be at large

Edited by Substick

Ok, the only part of this I feel a need to clarify is that you were completely inappropriate and rude before I had even said anything to you so to claim that your behaviour/attitude changed after I had said something to you is completely false. You had shown a lot of disrespect initially without me ever saying anything to you and you had no reason to get involved in the original issue.

The initial issue of someone spamming chat: This person who has gained a reputation of spamming chat lately was initially warned by me for spamming to which they acknowledged that warning. Literally straight after that acknowledgment that person spammed again so I felt there was no other option but to punish (mildly). Hence me questioning whether you were trolling or just being dumb as it was a blatant rule break and a completely justified punishment. 

I understand personal issues can change our behaviours but we all have personal issues and they can't be used as an excuse for acting in a certain way, for anyone.

For these reasons the ban will stand and I would hope that in future you would see a certain situation from everyone's point of view rather than your own before passing judgement. Note that the length of the ban was decided after taking into consideration past offences and behaviour.

CQ

Shouldn't someone, rather than the person who banned shift, say if the ban will stand becaue from reading this, it sounds like a staff complaint as much as a unban request....

Edited by Skill

Well, it's not really necessary since CQ banned Shift after I told him too.  we won't tolerate members being abusive to our staff in such a way and thus, you have been punished for that very reason.  The fact your anger towards a moderator stemmed from somebody else getting a mute, which was only 10 minutes is rather ridiculous; not only did it have nothing to do with you but its 10 minutes, that's 10070 minutes less than the punishment you have received after reacting in the way you did.

Everybody has their own real life problems and they all effect us differently, however using them as an excuse to insult others or rather take your anger out on them isn't really a viable option.  My adivce to you is that if something is annoying you for whatever reason, take a step back or simply try and ignore it; getting involved with petty things such as this is not a good idea as you have come to find out.  Now, the final thing I wish to say on this matter is if you have a problem with a moderator or even any other member of the community, just message somebody, senior mods and admins are here to help you if you pluck up the courage to message them.  Yes you may be in the wrong with what you are asking, or you may be in the right, either way you aren't going to end up with a ban if you simply give us a polite message stating that you feel a moderator member isn't acting how they should be.  It certainly beats getting a ban for being abusive :).

I want to see a shift in your behaviour after the ban!

Also, if you want to talk with me further about this, feel free to message me on steam.  I see that you added me so I assume that was your aim, though i haven't been online recently, so you may also contact me via the forum mailing system.

All the best

The OB Staff

Edited by Substick