Sir_Conor

Lastest CSGO update thoughts?

From CSGO Blog Here there is also an FAQ page for there Here

counter_strike_go_graffiti_1-600x330.png 

Graffiti
– Added ability to apply graffiti. http://www.counter-strike.net/graffiti/
– Added Community Graffiti Box 1 to offers.
– Added CS:GO Graffiti Box to offers.
– For a limited time every player will get a graffiti pattern when they launch the game.
– Added sealed graffiti to the list of possible weekly drops.
Graffiti FAQ:

Misc
– Improved reliability of smoke grenades popping to extinguish fire when bouncing smoke grenade on displacement surfaces.
– Fixed respawn waves not working outside of Guardian and Strike missions.
– Added steam protocol support for connect and playcast commands:
— steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/
     +connect%20127.0.0.1:27015
— steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/
     +playcast%20%22http://cdn.net/match/id%22

Sound
– Fixed bug where M4A1-S was audible at long range.
– Lowered volume of weapon sounds.
– Made minor volume mix adjustments.

So we now have "Graffiti" in CSGO seems familiar can't seem to think where its from :spooky: By the way you can get a one ready-to-apply unsealed graffiti pattern if you launch the game from now till 10th Oct after that either getting from a drop or buying them from Steam marketplace.

You can apply graffiti once per round, or every 45 seconds. You can apply another when you get a kill in a round-based game mode. They last for seven minutes and degrade over time. You’ll be able to see the ones you own in the inventory screen, but you can only sell or trade ones you haven’t unsealed.

2Zbf9Kk.jpg 

They have there own UI to apply them, the default key to apply them is V

Tjgle6o.jpg

Cool uses in comp like

Oh and they can only be applied 50 times before running out... :devil:

I think this is absolute bullshit, those idiots removed graffitis from cs go with an excuse of: there were a lot of obscene sprays in css, and now they do this, as blyss said, they want to suck the money out of all the silly boys who would buy fucking SPRAYS. God, this makes me angry.

Not only do you have to pay for some of the more good looking graffiti, but you get 50 uses.....that's like renting a skin for 20% of the price for just a week or smt, they somehow managed to add something more useless than music kits, which atleast stay forever once you buy them. Atleast there are some nice looking basic graffiti i guess, still an uneeded update, they said they wanted to make cs go standout from other cs titles as much as posible yet they are adding stuff from old games, and now you even have to pay for them...... Sigh , what is there to say if you buy a 20$ howl graffiti so you can use it 50 times then you might actually have a mental illness. As for the rest of the update its just minor tweaks and shit. I won't be surprised if we get played models in the future or some shit, 100$ for a my little pony player model ow boy.

VALVE HIRE PSYCHOLOGISTS, THIS IRATE REACTION IS PREDICTED...

Psychologist (Research/Experimental)

In order to create exceptional products that people will use and appreciate, we need to know about human behavior and about the motivations and influences underlying how and why people do what they do. We believe that all game designers are, in a sense, experimental psychologists. That is why we’re looking for an experimental psychologist with superior research skills to apply knowledge and methodologies from psychology to game design and all aspects of Valve’s operations. We want to exploit your experience with experimental design, research methods, statistics, and human behavior to help craft even more compelling gameplay experiences for future Valve titles. We’d also expect you to research and weigh in on any and all topics that are relevant to improving the experiences of our customers, partners, and employees.

Duties:
  • Provide relevant insight into human behavior in order to shape gameplay and customer experience.
  • Perform statistical analyses on all aspects of Valve’s operations: gameplay, financial, and company data.
  • Research compelling new hardware technologies.
  • Design experiments to evaluate various gameplay hypotheses and design choices.
  • Improve existing playtesting methodologies while incorporating novel techniques to improve best practices.
  • Develop innovative ways of acquiring relevant data to answer open questions about all aspects of Valve’s products and business practices.
Requirements:
  • Graduate degree in Psychology (or equivalent) field
  • Advanced knowledge of statistics
  • Familiarity with one or more of the following pieces of data analysis software: SPSS, Systat, Matlab, R, (or equivalent)
  • Four years experience with:
    • Experimental design/research methods
    • Relevant research in cognitive, social, human factors, and related disciplines in psychology
Recommended:
  • Proficiency in one or more of the following programming languages: C++, SQL, PHP, (or equivalent)

Apply for this position >

Obviously there is the side that it could be used as decoys and possibly mess up some competitive games rounds, however I like the overall idea, could do with a small amount of work, but they're coming from the right idea with the sprays, but I suppose there's a lot more important stuff that could've been done along with the rest of the fixes, but it's a pretty meh update to me, I've lost count of the amount of useless updates now personally so.