Sign in to follow this  
UnSeen

Skids - Results

After their plan ensued and, as expected, ended up a clown fiesta - the skids had been put down once more. They took down a few servers with them and were able to scream enough to cause injury among the OB hierarchy but as they scurried away once more they knew they had failed to take down the system.

Part 1 Points

Round 1: 4th. Team 3 (1) | 3rd. Team 2 (3) | 2nd. Team 4 (6) | 1st. Team 1 + 5 survivors (14)
Round 2: 4th. Team 3 (1) | 3rd. Team 2 (3) | 2nd. Team 4 (6) | 1st. Team 1 + 1 survivor (10)
Round 3: 4th. Team 3 (1) | 3rd. Team 4 (3) | 2nd. Team 1 (6) | 1st. Team 2 + 3 survivors (12)
Round 4: 4th. Team 4 (1) | 3rd. Team 1 (3) | 2nd. Team 2 (6) | 1st. Team 3 + 1 survivor (10)

Total: Team 1 (33) | Team 2 (24) | Team 3 (13) | Team 4 (16)

Part 3 Points

Most Kills Bonus: Fluxy (5) & Lewis (5) with 4 kills each
Survivor Bonus: Lewis (10)
Showdown Bonus: Fluxy (10)

Team 1 (15) | Team 2 (15) | Team 3 (0) | Team 4 (0)

Final Results

4th Place: Team 4 (16) - Stiqqy, IrishChamp, Liutvi, Veng3nce, Pepe

3rd Place: Team 2 (24) - Substick, Blyss, GingerPopper, Chris, Rory

2nd Place: Team 3 (28) - Fluxy, Kriss, Rhyse, Skill, Nick

1st Place: Team 1 (48) - Raw, Weezy, Extinct, Lewis, Skeff

Congratulations to Team 1! Each player will receive OB Champ (pm me for invite) until the next event and 1000 credits. Fluxy will also receive 500 credits for earning the MVP.

Memorable Moments:
- All of Team 1 apart from Skeff being slaughtered at the very start of Round 2 but Skeff still clutching and getting them the 10 points.
- Fluxy instantly jumping and throwing his knife, killing Lewis on first throw as soon as I said 'bang'.
- Me being interrupted every fucking time I was explaining something by the server crashing :^)))))))))

Thanks to those who turned up and I hope you enjoyed the parts of the event that were played. I'm honestly sorry for the issues and disappointed myself as so much of it was out of our control. I felt the event could have been so much more enjoyable and gone so much more smoothly if not for the random server crashes throughout the event and the delay at the start due to the number of replacements. I hope future events can have less out-of-control issues pop up and can continue to create the enjoyable atmosphere that came from a large group of you at least.

Unfortunately it does have to be noted that the following individuals, even if with reasons, will be receiving event cooldowns either due to not turning up or being late:

- Jamie: 2 events 
- Hobbs: 1 event
- Cereal: 1 event
- Dank Potato: 3 events
- Young Gerald: 2 events

If people want to talk about their event cooldowns with me they can feel free, but in most cases I've been fairly lenient considering the sheer number of reserves we had to use. Once again thanks all for playing.

Congratz to team 1, deserved the win after managing to win the warmup round and the first round without losing a player or only losing a single player.  The event was fine!  The problems were unfortunate but they couldn't be prevented so it isn't a problem at all.  It was a fun and unique idea so good job to all three of you and don't be too harsh on yourself :). 

what the fuck, two events? i told you i wasn't gonna make it it's not like i just didn't turn up

it's also not like i even had no intention of showing up either, i realised that beyond my control i was gonna be like 20 minutes late instead of 10 so i decide to let someone else take my place, that earns me 2 event bans? rofl

Edited by Jamie

It was actually lenient. You told us in the thread you could be up to 10 mins late (which is why I delayed replacing you unlike everyone else eg. the 2 people who got 1 event cooldown due to being late and ended up getting replaced) and then you told me at 19.08 that you wouldn't be even able to make it back with the 10 minute delay - which I appreciated but all the same at that point we were literally waiting on you (before other issues arised later on).

Usually missing the event/informing after it has supposed to have started would be 3+ event cooldown, but I realised it was to do with you being caught up with work and you had tried to communicate the best you could - hence lowering it to 2 events.

Sorry if it seems harsh but it's not one rule for one person and another for someone else - regardless of the reasoning it was made clear both in the event cooldown post and in previous statements that we wouldn't be having it anymore as it was getting out of hand and being way too much of a pain in the arse for staff to deal with. Tonight was a prime example of why the cooldown system needed to be introduced to make a statement that you shouldn't sign up for things you aren't sure you can make it to. I know this sucks for you as you work Sundays, but that's not in my control and Sundays are just the day that has always been best suited for OB events.

So when you get fucked over by unforeseen circumstances short term you're brutally forced into eating a shitty 2 event ban even though I tried to let you know and let someone else take my spot? I also tried to let you know sooner but my bus route has several black spots and i didn't get any 3g til like 10 mins after time...

The time spent playing was v fun, good event idea and the plugin was cool.

I do think these event cooldowns are slightly harsh though, as it will scare people into signing up if there's a small chance they can't make it. I'd agree with a 3 event ban for somebody rage quitting or going Afk mid event, but tbh I feel 1 event is sufficient for no shows, as there's always a big fat pool of reserves ready to take their place.

If we were at the stage where we didn't have the required numbers to actually run the event, I understand that's worth a hefty cooldown, but having people miss out on a month+ of events because they found out last minute they couldn't make it seems a bit harsh to me, especially seeing as it is only a one/two minute inconvenience on the part of the hosts.

In response to the response I expect to get to this saying that all the one/two minute delays add up, when we run into as many bugs and crashes as we do, it's a drop in the ocean. (The last bit isn't me whining, I know it's very hard to predict what will happen during an event as a host. It's just me explaining my previous point)

Good events i really enjoyeed it, too bad second part didnt work out :(

also please kick people who ask so many question wich some qeustion has just been asked by someone else 10 seconds before him. i feel people are like counting birds outside their window and suddenly they are like HEY CAN I DO THIS UNSEEN UNSEEN???? but that question just got asked already. sometimes i think events are like a kindergarden and they just scream around for attention. 

anyway thanks unseen sovman and brandon for the event <3

Edited by w33zy