Sign in to follow this  
Neero

Programming for scrubs

I managed to get away from Python, my courses didnt require them where the ones after me required it. But i do need to learn it for a project I have coming up, so, fuck me.

I started learning C# with an old Habbo Retro (yes, the dankest of all things to work on lol) which had a roleplay effect on it (punch people, get a job, get arrested, go to hospital when KO'd, shit like that) - Included MySQL so I learn't SQL there too. Got to the point where i coded a command to be able to input / output a SQL command LOL.

"!mysql SELECT * FROM users WHERE "VIP" = "1""

Ofcourse it was coded so that only my User ID would execute it or it would of told you to fuck off.

Anyhow. Thats how I got to know C#.

Sourcemod Plugins is a good place to start for C++.

On 8/27/2016 at 03:01, Gunstar said:

Start with small projects like sort algorithms then move on to bigger ones like games.

^ - Is exactly what i started with. Or even so, Start with a base thats already there and then add to it by different methods, expanding it and testing to see if it works and continuing on from there until you can get the grasp to code it from scratch.

My college course had a unit in SQL where the database was setup as a Microsoft SQL format, I had to completely re-design the .sql file for it to work, that was fun lol. We did a few bits in Python and Arduino too, a unit in web (HTML & CSS) and a unit in C#.

Varies where you want to start however. HTML / PHP / CSS / JS for Web stuff, C# / C++ / Java / Python for server / application stuff, including games.

Anyhow, if you set up a goal for a project, good luck with it :)

Guest repper1

i wanna start getting in to this, any good places to start?