Sign in to follow this  
Gunstar

ESL Outbreak Summer 2016 Results

39 minutes ago, Storm said:

Wait, isn't altruism like, doing good for people without expecting anything in return?

Yeah basically that. I was just laughing coz that's the first time I am seeing that word being used and by you of all people.

lot of effort was put into this and it paid off. Brilliant torny, still worked even will all the people and the holiday difficulties. hopefully i will be able to play in future events like this.

my dad also appreciated getting the chance to participate in the event :spooky:

+the enjoyed watching the games from the twitch and was good watching with variety of casters.

Edited by Sovman

Honestly, although my team didn't win, we have loads of fun. The production team were great with almost no hiccups with running the tournament. It might be far away but i can't wait for another ESL Outbreak, its nice to see so many people being brought together.  +Hs Machine :) 

Edited by Robert

Hey there everyone.

I must apologise for my lateness with this message but I wanted to get a few things out of the way before posting.  To start I would like to say that I really do appreciate the kind messages that people have posted in regard to the tournament.  I’m really happy that the majority of people thoroughly enjoyed the tournament and I hope that everybody is looking forward to the next one that will hopefully happen in the future.  When we first started doing this, I really doubted that we would ever managed to get such a large number of players interested in the tournament though I ended up being absolutely shocked when not only the forty players we wanted signed up but also a large number of substitutes.  I could never have imagined that we would be able to host eight teams and thus I am extremely happy that we were able to include so many members of the community including the owner.

I think it’s fantastic that so many regulars, members and even moderators are all able to come together and play in an event with the community, enabling people to get to know each other and also work together as a solid team.  People who are perhaps not well known throughout the community are thrown in with a bunch of people who they perhaps aren’t really familiar with which in turn creates some interesting combinations; we also end up seeing people perform better than we could have possibly expected, leading to some extremely close matches.

To start drawing this post to an end, I’d like to cover a few things before I finally thank everybody.  I’d like to apologise to both Ich Habe Die Input Lag and Lupha’s A Virgin for unfortunately having to disqualify a member of their teams since they were banned from the community.  I know this meant that your teams ended up being slightly weaker overall but unfortunately there was no other way we could have approached the matter.  We tried to give you fair substitutes to fit your teams after you both lost a player but it is extremely hard to give somebody equally as good or even slightly worse than the original team member, especially when our rules stated that substitutes would be a lower skill level.  I know there is no going back now but once again I’d just like to apologise for that unfortunate situation that ended up arising during the tournament. 

Much like Gunstar stated, I will also not be doing the next tournament and truthfully the way I am currently, I will not be doing another ESL since I really haven’t enjoyed this as much as I would have liked.  Perhaps that sounds slightly worse than it actually was but throughout the tournament I really didn’t feel great about a lot of things.  Obviously I thoroughly enjoyed watching the tournament but I can already see that hosting a tournament like this is just not for me.  I’d like to thank Gunstar and Gibby for doing a huge amount of work during this tournament and setting everything up to make this a success, truthfully it is down to those two and only those two that this tournament become such a success, I had absolutely nothing to do with the ESL Page which Gunstar created or the servers which Gibby managed, I merely ended up doing the stats, which as many of you have already realised, are extremely lacking and are already a week late after the tournament.  Once again, I would like to say there is a reason for this though truthfully I have no desire to continue on and thus, I will simply provide the finished stats at the end of this post and hope that many of you that have been waiting are satisfied with them.  I would like to apologise to both Gibby and Gunstar for not having more of an impact on the tournament.

Now that’s out of the way, I’d like to thank a few people who really made this tournament come alive and happen the way it did:

·         To begin with, a huge thanks goes out to all 40 players who were part of the 8 teams, you really did make this an absolutely incredible tournament.

·         A huge thanks to all the commentators who decided to cast on the stream at such a short notice, you really saved our butts on many occasions.

Finally, a giant thanks to all of the substitutes below who filled in when people weren’t able to make it to their games, you really were all amazing, especially since most of you agreed to be a substitutes minutes before the match started.

Weezy

IrishChamp

Skillershark

Major Chaos

Keiji Motori

Pepe the Frog

Pasickle

Gavin

Gingerpopper

Bard

JME

Hobbs

Sovman

Obviouspenguin

Holo

Lion

Twiixtor

Rhyse1317

If I missed anybody I am extremely sorry but it wasn’t intentional at all.  I’m sure there are many others that deserve thanks but once again, I can’t think of anybody else and thus, a huge thanks go out to all those that I have not listed here.

Last but not least, the stats!!!!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V6smxKGl9i62-iyYe61QY0bAJ57ku0aM73qeVkPscx8/edit?usp=sharing

If anybody has anything specific that I haven’t covered then please let me know and I will attempt to do my best to provide what you have asked.  I may say no though if the request is extremely hard to get a hold of or will take an insane amount of time to calculate. 

Thanks everybody, I really do hope you enjoyed the tournament, apologies once again for delaying the stats so long.   

10 minutes ago, Substick said:

To start drawing this post to an end

> less than half way through post, sniff

All the same, you are too harsh on yourself - maybe the other two worked on the more physical-to-show stuff but, as someone who has ran many large events/tournaments in the past, having an extra person with a level head helping you run things is something extremely valuable.

Despite playing absolute trash, letting down my team and ending up getting my team knocked out first - I enjoyed playing in and watching the tournament. The tournament had its criticisms, as does anything, but it was ran incredibly well and I don't just mean from the outside view but also behind the scenes the thought, ethics and effort you put in was beyond anything expected. I think the real reason you allowed yourselves to get so stressed out and to an extent stop enjoying running it is because you wore the tournament on your sleeve and made it personal to you, so you hated seeing anything go wrong for anybody at all.

Supposed to be 2nd best player on our team and I got 23rd most kills - r i p  b o i s