Gunstar

ESL Outbreak Summer 2016 Results

Grand Final Results

39cb2c3f6c974bf08e588cb2fa03a921.png

6d88ead7f73f42debb9572a8e8e70243.png

c595e7cdd8214756aaa358b998ab5cc1.png

Prizes

CHAMPIONS:  FxVPSbr.gif KRISSTIAN DRAGON'S STIKKY IKKY ASIAN BALLS
(Jamie(c), Stiqqy(c), Kriss, Rachel, lkgddr, Weezy, Major Chaos(Sub), Skiller(Sub))
(£50
(£10 each) - Msg Gunstar, £10 - weezy(£6), Major(£2), Skiller(£2) - Msg Gunstar, ESL OB Trophy on Forums, OB Champ Tag)

eA6t76w.png

Runner-Ups: osu.png Simi's Sexual Healing Squad
(Simi(c), Landshark, Ekitai Hebi, Storm, Young Gerald)

(5 Gamma Cases and keys - Msg Gibby (Let us know what you open))

u2q8WZt.gifcbH4vvi.png

3rd/4th Place: The Tyre Slashers/Ur Nan 2.0

MVP: Fgt
(Special Mentions: Simi (Wtf?), Lewis(Stats Monster), Jamie(Multi-Kill!), Stiqqy("Im the Captain Now"), Robert(HS Machine))

(M4A1S Cyrex FN - Msg Gunstar)
85zcpSx.gif

1v1 Tournament

CHAMPION: Simi
(Stat-track Ak-47 Point Disarray FT - Msg Substick, OB Champ Tag)
p3NQKKQ.gif

Runner-Up: Thunder

3rd/4th Place: Robert/Danny

ESL OB Aftermath 1v1 Multi Arena Event

CHAMPION: Simi
(Stat-Track AK-47 Blue Laminate MW - Msg Gibby, OB Champ Tag)

rsz_512fx512f.png

What a tournament it has been, it wouldn't have been possible without you guys. I want to first of all thank Gibby for letting us use his servers (which he paid for with his own money), all his efforts on the stream overlays and casting etc. I also want to thank Substick who has also done a lot of behind the scenes work which he didn't get credit for, doing the stats and helping organise and plan this tournament in general and I also hope you guys liked the ESL Page which I made myself too. I have to mention that at some points it was very stressful for all the event hosts(sorting out subs etc) and took a LOT of our time (around 3/4 hours each game day + planning); A lot of tough decisions had to be made. I also hope you guys are happy with the prizes which me, Substick and Gibby have donated towards this tournament from our own pocket and community funds. Total money went into this tournament in servers and prizes are well over £100 because we wanted this to be as big, special and give you guys something to really fight for! It is also very nice to see the positive feedback from you guys especially about the production quality, so thanks a lot for that. We have also noted down things that could have been better (e.g team drafts, subs, notices and more stern on rules etc)and we will try to fix it for the next tournament as much as we can.

That said, hope you guys have enjoyed the tournament, I know that as much as we wanted to be part of a team, it was also fun hosting and organising this for you guys. The next ESL tournament date is yet to be finalised, however, I am not sure about the other hosts but I will not be hosting the next one as I have put a lot of effort and time into this and would instead like to take the backseat as a sub or player the next time around to get the player experience instead. 

I also wanted to make a highlight video/videos about some of the best plays in the tournament however, didn't get the time to go and rewatch hours of demos, which is why this thread is kinda delayed (sorry). A lot of players have shown how godlike they can be and some have shown that they can actually play better than their rank eg lkay and finnley. I also have to mention Jamie here who has surprised us all and himself with his amazing casting. Special mentioning Simi for almost taking all the prizes for fuck sake. Anyway, again hope all of you guys all fun and see you guys again in the next ESL!

got myself a cheeky "Sawed Off Limelight" not sure how much it's worth, but thank you guys so much for taking the time out of your lives to run the event and i'm honestly surprised with the production value and organisation of the event all together. All together there were little to no problems and even if there were problems it was usually do to players.

Even though we didn't win it brought we with people that i probably wouldn't of talked with if it wasn't for the event, so thanks a lot.

ez battle-scarred daimyo. But yeah, I think this is the 100th time you've read this but the whole tourney was incredibly. It was so well organised and you weren't even getting paid, that's pure altruism. So, thanks again and be proud of that tournament, there should be an OB ESL Organiser tag or something hahaha

I think this has been the best event in my time at OB. The production and effort put in by so many members of the community is something to be proud of. I reckon the next one could be even better somehow! Shame I wasn't able to play in this tourny and reclaim the crown. :D

Edited by Veng3nce

I don't want to be rude to fgt because he arguably played amazing, but mvp of the whole tourney? Really? Imo Lewis went out and played above and beyond what should be expected of one man on a team. Him or simi or even Jamie pulled over much bigger shit than fgt, but up to admins I guess. Fgt did play really well though. 

Wp to everyone involved organisationally, what an impressive and well run tourney, props to everyone involved, you smashed it <3. Having run one of these myself I know how stressful it can be. 

Linky mvp imo.

Thank you to all the hosts of this great event, you guys put alot of time and effort into it and prioritized the event above alot of real life stuff. That's some dedication. Everything went really smooth and if there was a problem the hosts always solved it really quick. Real MVP are the hosts.

EDIT: Thanks for all the nominations for best captain, love you all. /s

Edited by Oldmike

4 hours ago, Fluxy said:

I don't want to be rude to fgt because he arguably played amazing, but mvp of the whole tourney? Really? Imo Lewis went out and played above and beyond what should be expected of one man on a team. Him or simi or even Jamie pulled over much bigger shit than fgt, but up to admins I guess. Fgt did play really well though. 

Wp to everyone involved organisationally, what an impressive and well run tourney, props to everyone involved, you smashed it <3. Having run one of these myself I know how stressful it can be. 

Lewis: Played 6 games 1v5 and was STILL able to be top fragger at the end of the group stage.

Jamie: Lead his team to victory even when he wasn't playing and had very solid perfomances every game he did play

lkgddr: For me and many others the biggest surprise of the tourney, held down sites like a complete monster, won the tourney and was the teams 3rd best player after people expected him to be the worst.

Robert: Absolute aim god, destroyed the enemy team with his insane aim which is proven by his hs%.

Stiqqy: Stepped up when Jamie was gone, was a great captain and carried his team through first half of the group stage.

fgt: 1v5'd against Tiltboyz which were overconfident since they were stomping and playing against a bot, they just pushed him 1 by 1

the clutch was insane but not worth the mvp just for that,no offense to fgt I love him and he's a great playerbut srs it makes no sense, I respect the reasoning behind not giving it to simi (although I don't completely agree) but really?

I think it just goes to show that there were a lot of MVPs in that tournament but in different areas and MVP in different ways. If Lewis got MVP there would be complains about why Robert didn't get it and vice versa, just OB things, there will always be complaints. In you description above blyss, you summarised everyone's performance from all their games and yet you compare fgt's performance in 1 game, that's bullshit. He didn't just get MVP from the plays in the video either which people are judging, he has done a lot more for his team. I'd say the closest two to getting it were Lewis and Robert and don't get me wrong they performed amazingly. When us 3 hosts were deciding the MVP, Fgt was the first one that came to our minds, why? because he had the most memorable plays from the tournament + also he has done a lot of things for his team that the captain should have done. I understand some of you might not agree with it, I knew that beforehand as well, but that's just who we decided and the past can't be changed.

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments, especially this one:

21 hours ago, Storm said:

It was so well organised and you weren't even getting paid, that's pure altruism. 

Altruism lmao.

Edited by Gunstar