Sign in to follow this  
Yoshi

PC Help

Hey there

Haven't been around in a while but I was looking for some help in a new PC Build

I am planning to get a new PC because my current one is a pile of shit

And I hardly know anything about PC Parts and don't know which ones are the best and which ones are the worst so this is why I am asking for help

The only thing I can really say is that I am looking to buy the new AMD RX 480 

And I have a budget of about £450-£500

So I am looking for any advice for the build such as positives and negatives about the parts or even the AMD RX 480 and if you could possibly do the build on PC Part Picker or give me the list of parts as I am the worst with computers, this has got to include the case, windows 10 and anything else I may need (Not including keyboard,mouse e.t.c)

Thanks for reading

Yoshi

10 minutes ago, Yoshi said:

Is there something wrong about windows 10, I have been using it since it came out and I really enjoy it and I really don't want to go back to windows 7

no, just get windows 10 im really happy with it. windows 7 was confirmed to be unsupported by the new directX versions

1 hour ago, JamesG said:

get one with a motherboard

what a complete shitpost.

Ive seen custom built PCs on eBay for about £450 - £550. i7s, GTX 750, 4GB RAM and a SSD all custom built and looked quite sick. Give that a try, most come with warranty too.

Yoshiiiiiii

The best for you is to build it yourself. It's fairly easy to do, quite straight forward and almost plug and play. It also saves TONS of money, and gives u the best performance. I made you a list that offers you the most bang for the buck. It's a system that you can upgrade well in the future, offers much speed and where u even can play GTA 5 on high settings with.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/WFbPsJ

Core i3-6100: Good dual core with hyperthreading, will not bottleneck.

Ram: 8GB, plenty for what u want to do.

GPU: MSI GTX960 2GB, very good card, fast one and the 2gigs may be a bit less, but i have it too and can run all AAA-titles on ultra with it on 1080p. No real deal. You can swap it with a GTX 950 or a AMD R370/R380 if that is what u want. The RX480 is out of ur budget.

Case: Quite normal one, has everything u need, good airflow. Very basic case. You may look for another one if you like.

PSU: Decent one, nothing special. Will do the job.

CPU cooler is included with ur CPU. Enough cooling for that CPU.

For storage i picked a 240GB SSD. This will make the system way more faster than a HDD. Later on, if you really need the storage, u can swap ur old HDD into ur new PC if you have to, or save around 50 pounds to buy a new one. If u directly need much storage, i will advise u to pick a 1TB HDD. I have put the 1TB HDD in the list, so u can make ur own choice, although i highly recommend going for the SSD, because the diffrence is HUGE.

Because u don't know how to build a pc, I picked u some guides that are pretty straight forward. Reminder that u cant do much wrong on building a PC, and it is fun to do as well! I have build my first PC from youtube tutorials, so you can do it too!

EDIT: Dit not put in the windows license. Cheapest is to get a license from your school if it offers you, g2play/g2a or maybe even an illegal copy :spooky: On most  old PC's and laptops, the key is put on a sticker underneath or on a side of the case. U can recycle that key if it's win7 and grab a free win10 update.

Edited by Raw

9 hours ago, JamesG said:

c58412d80da7ab065ea0d4f7827d6304.png

So, an old series but a bit more powerful CPU, motherboard with no cooling on the VRM's and only 1 sysfan header, old ddr3, slow hard drive, a case that is plastic fantastic, reference RX480 (have u not read the reviews) ,and the worst, some cheap power supply that most likely will burn out after a year or 2 resulting in the rest of the system to die. 

Although it is a cheap and powerful system, the reliability and upgradability/futureproofness is not great at all.

7 hours ago, Raw said:

So, an old series but a bit more powerful CPU, motherboard with no cooling on the VRM's and only 1 sysfan header, old ddr3, slow hard drive, a case that is plastic fantastic, reference RX480 (have u not read the reviews) ,and the worst, some cheap power supply that most likely will burn out after a year or 2 resulting in the rest of the system to die. 

Although it is a cheap and powerful system, the reliability and upgradability/futureproofness is not great at all.

What do you expect with a 450 pound budget lol

also evga do decent power supplies but you may wanna invest in perhaps a 600w maybe even 750w for future proof

but yeah the graphics card on that system blows. 

Edited by Jamie

24 minutes ago, Jamie said:

What do you expect with a 450 pound budget lol

also evga do decent power supplies but you may wanna invest in perhaps a 600w maybe even 750w for future proof

but yeah the graphics card on that system blows. 

I will never expect much on a 450 pound budget, and i know EVGA makes decent power supply, but that one is far from decent. Also a 600w or 750w PSU is totally unnessacary, cause a system will only take up like 350w max. Only waste of money.