Sign in to follow this  
Matthew

Mat | Unban Request. (RESOLVED)

Player Name (at time of banning): Mat

SteamID:  STEAM_0:1:158029262

Ban/Mute/CT-Ban Reason Given: Hacking

Server Banned From: All (I think, at time of banning there was only 1 server - which was jailbreak)

Why you believe your ban was unfair/disproportionate: I know this is my second time asking for an unban, this is because the community vibe is amazing, I was banned for hacking, yes I was hacking although not on the server, I was accused of bhop scripting which is true. This I am eternally sorry for, the reason I never told anyone about my VAC bans/Game Bans was because I didn't want to get banned from the server, this is selfish of me but it's the way it happened. I thought I told IrishChamp but apparently I didn't. I would love to be unbanned as it was the community that made me feel welcome to jailbreak, made my days fun and most of all it was great banter! I can't change what I did all I can hope for is a second chance. If I was to get unbaned then I would happily take any punishment, EG a silence. I would love to be back on the community and see all my old friends.

Do you have any evidence to support your claim?: No.

Date of incident: 02-28-16 21:00 

Hey Matthew,

There's something I want to address. I know you love our community and you want to be part of it but even if you do get unbanned, which is completely possible, your reputation is stained in this community. You will always be that "cheater", you'll be left out from gathers, bullied by other members and it's not something that we as a staff team can fix. I'm sure that some people would give you a second chance but I really don't see it working out for you here. Maybe you should try to find another community and get a fresh start.

Anyway keep on mind that this is just MY opinion so you can take your own conclusions out of it.

Also, maybe you can boost Brandon to GE? Pm me for more info.

Good luck with your unban request!

I don't mind tbh, I would just ignore those players and talk to the ones that accept me.

I have started fresh on Last-Resistance. But I feel the love for OB is still inside me.

Hey Mat,

We had some extensive discussion over your ban and we have come to the conclusion that you will remain banned. We respect that you acknowledge and accept the reasoning behind your ban and we do recognise you as an individual with the attitude and potential to perhaps be a part of our community again at some point in the future. However, as you know, our stance on cheating is severe and the ban you were given was 'permanent' for a good reason. It has been just over 4 months since your ban and we feel to do that ban justice and respect our rules that we would require a longer period of time before we can properly consider removing your ban.

We cannot give an exact date or time for this length of time as views in our community can vary and this is very much a situational case as we pretty much never give second chances to cheaters. However, to prevent you popping up and making multiple unban requests saying 'has it been long enough yet..?', we will keep track of it and I personally will inform you when we feel you can make an unban request that will be taken into proper consideration.

We're glad that you have been able to somewhat start afresh in LR and we hope you get on well there. Sorry that it has to remain this way but that is our verdict for the time being.

The OB Staff