AdolfJackler

Long Time No See

5 minutes ago, Pepe The Frog said:

Welcome back! 

A lot of the old staff still hang around on the ts server.

Bloody hell I remember ts being a thing.
Don't you guys think you should migrate over to Discord? It's literally better than ts, and Skype, at this point.

It's even free.

-

Also, thanks :D

Edited by AdolfJackler

13 hours ago, AdolfJackler said:

biggles, hish0t, Gaz, McLovin, w33zy, wist, and gaffeR?

Biggles: Still here, once or twice a week

Hish0t: Gone away

Gaz: Pops on about once every 3 months

Mclovin: Pops on about once every 6 months

Weezy: Still here daily

Wist: Busy with Uni, but still here

Gaffer: Still here daily

In RE to discord: It doesn't yet have the administration stuff that TS has. Which might be the reason why we're not on it yet.

Edited by Mintlou

2 hours ago, Mintlou said:

In RE to discord: It doesn't yet have the administration stuff that TS has. Which might be the reason why we're not on it yet.

Administration stuff that TS has? I think you'll find it might.
I'm not sure what TS has, but discord probably has it.
I've used that for months, maybe even years now, to come to think of it.

6 hours ago, Fluxy said:

Discord is good sure. But why move when TS does the job just fine? 

Because it's free

6 hours ago, w33zy said:

Discord is good but i wouldnt say its better than teamspeak. It has some good features but teamspeak is life

Really debatable.

5 hours ago, Mintlou said:

End of discussion.

Well no it isn't, that just opens more questions as to, "What does TS have?" and "Does Discord have it as well, or a different version of it that's better?" and such.

4 hours ago, Jamie said:

Wtf where am i on that list

Sorry but I don't remember you. :S

Rekt Jamie

Also, for starters it doesn't cost any more because we're on a dedicated server for our gameservers anyway - so that point is out of the window. Furthermore Discord is useful for the likes of guilds and smaller groups, but expanding communities are far easier to manage through TS. Furthermore it is far more adaptable to plugins and has a wider variety of options in configuration and permissions for setting up a structure (like we have).

TS is older too and more commonly used as well so it opens up for more people, this and Discord has been known to have issues for people from certain areas where it actually causes games to crash (a large group of people I knew from Sweden were having their games crash every time they joined discord).

Even without all of these points, our community has used TS since 'OB genesis' and so you wouldn't really be able to change people's ways.

Back to the topic, were you just popping in to say hi or should we expect to see you around on our servers?

11 hours ago, UnSeen said:

Rekt Jamie

Also, for starters it doesn't cost any more because we're on a dedicated server for our gameservers anyway - so that point is out of the window. Furthermore Discord is useful for the likes of guilds and smaller groups, but expanding communities are far easier to manage through TS. Furthermore it is far more adaptable to plugins and has a wider variety of options in configuration and permissions for setting up a structure (like we have).

TS is older too and more commonly used as well so it opens up for more people, this and Discord has been known to have issues for people from certain areas where it actually causes games to crash (a large group of people I knew from Sweden were having their games crash every time they joined discord).

Even without all of these points, our community has used TS since 'OB genesis' and so you wouldn't really be able to change people's ways.

Back to the topic, were you just popping in to say hi or should we expect to see you around on our servers?

Ah fair enough, well I was just popping in to say hi, but I might come onto the server at some point, just to see how everything is.
What's the server btw? (IP?, Link?, Game?, Etc?)

On the note of discord, I've seen a few occasions recently of servers dropping out and being unreachable from Discord making it completely unusable. Even seen the main frontend under a few attacks and makes discord fully unusable at times too.

Prefer TS over Discord much more.

However welcome back :)

13 hours ago, UnSeen said:

Furthermore it is far more adaptable to plugins

SOUNDBOARDS :D

Hello there Adolf Jackler! Nice to meet you. Unfortunately I only joined OB in CS:GO and don't know anything about it's CSS and Gmod past, including you. I wish I did though. This community is amazing. Hope you stick around a bit? :)