Gunstar

ESL Outbreak Summer 2016

1 hour ago, Jamie said:

I will legit kick up a fuss if im put on a team with blocked people.

Apart from that this sounds great, just make sure to take in mind what went wrong last tourny :)

Sorry, I'm not not sure if you meant it this way but this has come across, at least for me, as really ignorant and arrogant...  jk jk

We aint promising anything about which teams people will be put on, especially when like 70% of the people are talking about not being with ppl they don't get on with and asking to be in a team with friends. By signing up you should take into account this and also just like in real life you don't always get on with other people in your group at school/work/uni but you have the same goals. But if u mean a "fuckery" kind of thing, no, we won't be doing that. We are trying to tackle the issues of last tourny, that's why we have set times and days instead of "whenever" kind of thing which made the tournament last ages.

Also to everyone wondering about teams, team balancing is the BIGGEST issue in any tournaments like this and there will be no 100% fair way to do teams, never. Some teams will be better than others for sure, but bitching about it won't help anything, it will only make your team do worse. You just have to make the best out of it and be thankful for a opportunity like this. We allow you to be competitive because at the end of the day, there are prizes and it's a competitive tournament, however, let's not ruin it and make it worse for people if a team is not doing very great.

This. 

Please keep this tourney PMA guys :( I know myself what a ball ache it is when people moan about teams after you spent most of an afternoon trying to make them fair. 

Also its 100% your fault if you can't unblock someone for a couple of games

14 hours ago, Gunstar said:

Atm we are sticking to competitive 5v5 and 1v1 tournaments, however feel free to suggest other ones for the future.

Was thinking custom gamemodes other than jailbreak and your competitive play for a special occasion. And because it will be done in special circumstances and quite rarely everybody will be on the same footing. 

On 6/1/2016 at 17:29, Fluxy said:

Please keep this tourney PMA guys :( I know myself what a ball ache it is when people moan about teams after you spent most of an afternoon trying to make them fair. 

Also its 100% your fault if you can't unblock someone for a couple of games

it's all good, ill take the 'toxic skids' under my wing and reform them into new men by the end of this torny.:Halo:

Also i enjoy 2v2 as well if you like the idea of doing this as well, if time isnt an issue:emoji_u1f605:

Edited by Sovman

All I ask is that please do not make a big mistake when picking the teams. And this means going purely off of rank and going highest rank, lowest rank, 2nd highest, 2nd lowest etc.

Ranks are such a shit way of determining how decent a player is. You have people signed up to this event who are a certain 'rank' but have either lost skill due to being away, or simply have it being non-existant due to being boosted by cheaters.

Let's hope the hosts have a decent head on their shoulders when picking the teams.