Gunstar

ESL Outbreak Summer 2016

2 hours ago, Sir_Conor said:

Lmao I'm just going to sit here and wait :spooky:

I didnt have time to check the forums and I had a 6 hour drive. I didnt know the match was rescheduled untill the last hour

Alright, first of all, I would like to apologise for the delays yesterday, it shouldn't have gone on for that long, however, it was all technical and was out of our control. I promise you something like that won't happen again. As for Nick, the problem was he didn't let me know whether he was coming or not and as I stated before, I am not letting you guys have a sub if you don't tell me beforehand that you might not make it. Anyway, let's move on and hopefully something like that won't happen again.

Other things i want to talk about:

-  It is the CAPTAIN's responsibility to get your team members together and tell them about the day and time of the matches. Event hosts will not be going around contacting all 40 of u because that's nearly impossible. That said, please do yourself and the captain a favour and check the ESL page yourself. This way you can't complain you didn't know about it.
- In the group stages, everyone will play every other team TWICE, this means you will have 6 games, a few of you came to me to ask why it wasn't just one game against each other - the answer to that is, we planned it that way and wanted to have more games which meant more fun for you guys and more entertainment. We also wanted it to be big and a tournament where you really have to work hard to earn those juicy £80 worth of prizes. Maybe in the next ESL we will reduce the group stage games, however, it will be unfair to change it mid-way through the tournament, especially for the teams who can still make it through.
- Last but not least, I schedule the matches around Sunday/Monday each week. To avoid "Sorry I cant make it to my match that day" PLEASE tell me before the schedule goes up for next week if there are days you prefer or cant do... this will help you, your team and event hosts and avoid reschedules etc. 

Reminder for today's matches: 

Saturday 9th July
7:00pm Simi's Sexual Healing Squad vs Ich habe die Input Lag 
8:00pm Lupha's A Virgin vs Krisstian Dragon's Asian Stiqqy Ikky Balls

9:00pm Sovman vs Jamie 

Sorry to inform everyone that im out of this tourny both 1v1 and 5v5. Dunno who will replace me, weezy perhaps. Won't be online for a while. I know a lot of you were waiting on the 1v1 game but its simply beyond my control. Good luck to all teams/players.

i will happily be a standin when im up and running.

1 hour ago, Jamie said:

Sorry to inform everyone that im out of this tourny both 1v1 and 5v5. Dunno who will replace me, weezy perhaps. Won't be online for a while. I know a lot of you were waiting on the 1v1 game but its simply beyond my control. Good luck to all teams/players.

i will happily be a standin when im up and running.

I'm sorry to hear this Jamie though I would like to thank you for always giving us plenty of warning when it came to your issues.  It's a shame this had to happen but hopefully you can make your almighty return in OB ESL 2017 :D.  Hope you manage to fix your issues :). 

Schedules are up for this week, check ESL Page. They were done to best suit those going on holiday/preferences, it's like a puzzle I have to solve to fit around everyone's holiday dates and work times as best as I can. Sorry if the schedules aren't perfect for you, we don't live in a Utopian world unfortunately :grimacing:.

Thursday 14th July
6:45pm - Simi's Sexual Healing Squad vs T I L T B O Y Z
7:45pm - Ur Nan 2.0 vs Conor's Official Fishermen

Friday 15th July
6:45pm - Ich habe Die Input Lag vs The Tyre Slashers
7:45pm - Krisstian Dragons S.I.A.B vs Ur Nan 2.0

Saturday 16th July
6:45pm - Conor's Official Fishermen vs Lupha's A Virgin            
7:45pm - T I L T B O Y Z vs Ich habe die Input Lag

(*Notice we are starting 15 mins earlier to avoid delays and have time to do the vetos/preparation, plz be there on time!)

As always, if you have a problem or can't make it, let your captain and an ESL host know and we will get a sub for you. Also I want to say something about the subs, it is VERY difficult to replace people, subs aren't meant to replace them but be kind of like a "not so good back up", subs are there so u dont have to be punished for ur team mates absence by getting a 4v5, this means most of the time you will see that the sub is someone whos not as good as the person they are replacing, so I don't want to see any more complaints about getting a bad sub. However, we are not going to give a silver for a global as sub as u know, we will try to fill the gap as much as possible without overfilling it, hence why you saw Sov replace thunder in the first week's match (even though thunder beat sov in the 1v1 so not really a overfill:grin:).

Also, server issues, we are aware that there are some lag spikes here and there on the servers, we will try and get that fixed however, it's out of our control on the day when it happens and can't be fixed on the spot, please don't continue whining about it if it does happen, the chances are we are already aware of it. So apart from the freeze at the start of a match which is caused by GOTV starting recording i think, the server is fine and not laggy apart from the server wide lag spike which affects everyone. Will look into it and talk to Gibby to see if he can fix it.

Edited by Gunstar

7 minutes ago, Eraser said:

Will be away all day saturday and sunday :( Any chance we could play on Friday?

On 09/07/2016 at 14:30, Gunstar said:

- Last but not least, I schedule the matches around Sunday/Monday each week. To avoid "Sorry I cant make it to my match that day" PLEASE tell me before the schedule goes up for next week if there are days you prefer or cant do... this will help you, your team and event hosts and avoid reschedules etc. 

9 minutes ago, Gunstar said:

They were done to best suit those going on holiday/preferences, it's like a puzzle I have to solve to fit around everyone's holiday dates and work times as best as I can. Sorry if the schedules aren't perfect for you, we don't live in a Utopian world unfortunately :grimacing:.

Sorry but I am going to stick with what I said above here Eraser, you get to play the thursday match at least. 

Edited by Gunstar