Sign in to follow this  
Major Chaos

Overwatch

Developer Update regarding Ranked Season 2 Changes

Too long, didn't watch:

• Rank System Changed to 1-5000, Split up between Bronze-Silver-Gold and upwards, sort of like Starcraft.
  • Full list of Rank categories as stated by many in this thread: Bronze<Silver<Gold<Platinum<Diamond<Master<Grand Master
  • Sudden Death gone, Time bank added to Hybrid and Payload maps.
  • Time bank slightly changed to make for more chances of a comeback/fair for a team that is winning hard.
  • Tightening Group Average Levels to 500 (out of 5000) in Competetive PTR
  • After Diamond and up, you will lose 50 Ranks per day if you havent played for an entire week. This effect stops when you reach the bottom of Diamond however.
  • Competetive Points multiplied by 10, You will be rewarded 5 Points for a tie. (Golden gun costs upped by the same amount.)
  • More strict rules for Top 500.

Glad that ranking up is now done in whole numbers. Makes the whole checking your rank and what position you are in much easier, where before it only showed your number and not how far into that rank you were. Also, with the new competitive play points being multiplied by 10, does that include current points? Does that include the points that are going to be gained from the end of this season?

40 minutes ago, Skillershark said:

Glad that ranking up is now done in whole numbers. Makes the whole checking your rank and what position you are in much easier, where before it only showed your number and not how far into that rank you were. Also, with the new competitive play points being multiplied by 10, does that include current points? Does that include the points that are going to be gained from the end of this season?

Competitive play points work the exact same way, just scaled bigger.

They're doing this so when a draw happens (quite rare) they can still give some points (I dunno maybe 2-5) for the time investment.

Everything else works the exact same way, with all points earned being converted to new values (multiplied by 10)

Well Competitive Season 1 has finally ended, and rewards have been given out. You can no longer play competitive.

The reward breakdown is as follows

• SR 0-39: Competpoints blackborder 10
  • SR 40-45: Competpoints blackborder 20
  • SR 46-49: Competpoints blackborder 40
  • SR 50-52: Competpoints blackborder 60
  • SR 53-55: Competpoints blackborder 80
  • SR 56-59: Competpoints blackborder 120
  • SR 60-64: Competpoints blackborder 200
  • SR 65+: Competpoints blackborder 300

The rewards you receive are based on your highest rank during the season, not your ending rank.

Guest repper1

how many people in this community play overwatch? :O think of getting it

4 hours ago, repper1 said:

how many people in this community play overwatch? :O think of getting it

I'd hazard a guess at about 20 people that frequent TeamSpeak owning the game.

Most nights a few people will be playing in the Overwatch mix rooms.

It's a great game and if you're not strapped for cash I'd really recommend getting it.

I thought i would post this here for anyone interested in a potential upcoming character into Overwatch. Its very intriguing. even though personally i am not involved in the ARG.

This video explains everything so far in the search.