Sign in to follow this  
Philip

Injuries

Since I am american I play American Football and got 2 injuries.

I got a injury freshmen year one was at a practice and I had my back sprained really bad since I am skinny and have a skeleton body. I can barely move left and right and I had pain when I stood up or sat down.

In a match in a stadium I was in a runningback play running towards sideline and a guy hit me from my side cause me to land on my foot so I couldn't walk properly for about 5 weeks.

Never had anything really bad happen and no broken bones to my knowledge.

Feet smashed between doors and under horses multiple times causing the nails on my little toes to be disfigured for life.

When I was 4 I had a walkie talkie antenna almost pierce my cheek, still got a nice scar from that.

When I was 9 I passed out from heat exhaustion, smashed my head in the concrete, had a concussion leaving me lightheaded for a month. 

When I was 12/13 had a horse with studded shoes step on my foot, the stud going through my boot and removing all skin from one of my toes.

When I was 14 I injured my pinky playing basketball making it completely crooked.

When I was 17 I had an 800kg horse step on the bridge of my foot, no broken bones, but had to jump around on crutches for a week.

When I was 19/20 I fell off a horse and landed with all my weight on my knee on ice, damaged soft tissue (jumped around on crutches for 2 weeks) which I can still occasionally feel.

Thinking about this more I haven't had anything huge or life threatening but I have various scars from injuring myself. Probably one of the worst was from about 10 years ago when I was helping my Mum make prawn crackers. We had a boiling pan of oil and as my Mum moved some crackers to the bowl I was putting more into the pan, some boiling oil dripped from the spoon onto my hand. I got a lot of burns from that and the biggest of them left me with a scar, it's quite hard to see now days but I can still show people.

The one irreversible injury I've ever really sustained was certain individuals here breaking my heart and leaving the remains in the dumpster to rot. You know who you are and I can only ask how you could do such a thing?

</3

Only other injury I've ever really suffered (aside from cuts and scratches and shit) was in 8th grade. For some reason I started to feel this intense pain in my foot whenever I walked. When I got it checked out I think what they said was that part of the bone was moving into the muscle. Nothing that required surgery, but it was enough that I had to sit out on gym class for a short time and go through some physical therapy to get it back to normal.

This first one is an allergic reaction. (don't know if this counts, but oh well)  Before the age of about 4, i could always eat things that had certain product in that I was allergic to. But when I turned 4, i was at the beach, and I asked my gran to try some of what she was eating and my mum agreed since the doctor said i should try the thing i'm allergic to. (for some unknown reason.) So I ate it, and then went down to the beach to play, then when I came back up about 3 mins later to speak to my mum, I noticed that i couldn't speak, my voice was going and it was almost like i was losing air. So my mum recognized I was having a anaphylactic reaction. So she very quickly packed up our stuff and got me and my gran in the car. Then she started driving like 100 mph in town roads over speed bumps and furiously honking people out of the way in panic. She then stopped then ran out to a chemist to get a medicine to slow down the reaction before we got to the hospital. And my face was swelling up at the time. (Even though i didn't know at the time.) Then when I got to the hospital I had to be hospitalized immediately. And I was in the bed next to someone who had overdosed on drugs. And apparently the doctor or someone said if I was like 5 mins later to the hospital, I probably would have died.

lmao when i was like 4-6 (cant remember) I accidentally stabbed my self with an epi-pen, and the needle went through my thumb and came out the other side. I went to hospital to have it taken out of my thumb. Which left a hole for like a few years.

Then when i was like 9 or 10 (cant remember) I was on holiday and Me and my friend (who I met there) were racing on bikes, after i came out of the pool, and while we were in the middle of racing and my croc (shoe) got stuck in one of the tires, which caused the bike to flip me over, landing on broken concrete, causing big cuts all over my body. Including on my head, stomach, legs,back, hips,arms,face and both ankles were cut open. I had to be completely bandaged up, and was bandaged when I went out for my birthday meal.

When i was like 7-8 i was on holiday, at a restaurant in the garden and saw an old man with his dog, his dog was doing tricks. So i went up to stroke the small dog, and it scratched and cut me on my forehead, and for some unknown reason i had the scar until i was like 12-13.

When i was 12 or 13 (cant remember) I was playing bulldog (its a take-down survival game) outside at lunch with some of my friends, and I normally survive till last. So when i was one of the last ppl, i was running and my friend decided to stick his leg out and i had to jump over it, whilst jumping over it i tripped and fell onto the cycling track and cut part of my arm open. So I think I now have a permanent scar there.

I don't know if this is an injury or not but (its kinda weird) when I was like 11-13 (I cant remember) I woke up to go and eat some breakfast, but i literally couldn't eat, it felt like every-time i was about to eat something, i was gonna choke... So I had to have like liquidized food and i found it really difficult eat both that and food that was cut into REALLY small pieces. Over the course of that week i lost like a stone. And the weird thing is after i went to the hospital to check it out, they couldn't find anything wrong with me..

Edited by Imoxus

year 4 - got new bike for b-day was riding down road, bus flew round a corner so squeezed the brakes, they were too tight and i flipped over the handle bars. face skidded across ground, face full of blood. bus hit my bike -_-

in like year 5 i was holding up my bed from underneath (can't remember why) and my Brother ran into my room and jumped on my bed (obviously he had seen me under) and that fractured my left wrist

in Year 7 (i think) was on some monkey bars at the outside part of a local restaurant, slipped and put my hands behind my back to stop me landing funny. snapped the bone in my right arm and part of it was sticking out of the skin

year 7 - found a pair of old roller skates in the garage decided to try them. went down a large hill no idea how  to stop, car pulled out so i jumped into a nearby patch of grass. instantly stopped an got flipped into the air and my leg hit the corner of a brick wall. split open my shin (and broke my phone)

I've done my fair share of stupid stuff.

In 6th grade, me and my friends played catch, with roller blades, on dirt.. i broke my right arm and needed a cast for 4 months.

In 8th grade, i also broke the same arm while playing american football, ya sounds casual? We played it on the stairs...

And in 9th grade i had a fracture on my left arm, went from rail to ground while skateboarding.

Guest Heineken

I split my head open when I was 3 years old falling off a railing and landing 6 feet head first, not to serious. But listening to some of the accidents you guys have had I feel lucky. :grin: