Sign in to follow this  
Popey456963

Favourite Netflix Film/Series

In my opinion "Daredevil" is one of the best series out there, although some people might not really like the whole superhero genre. But next to the awesome fight scenes and the freaking insane abilities Matthew has, it is also really well written and acted. On top of that it is a serie which kind of has two stories at once, as Matthew has two lives. The one where he is Daredevil and the one where he is Matthew Murdock a loyer. A really smart loyer. The way he speeches in court and in other instances is simply godlike. His speech scenes are easely as epic as the fight scenes. Really well made series.

If you want to have a giggle instead you should watch "Weeds". Ye I know it's kind of funny that this comes from me, but seriously Weeds is underrated in my opinion. It's a really funny series. It is well written with some good jokes. On top of that it is really well acted, because you really grow to like or hate a character. There is also various characters that you will like in the beginning, but in the end you will hate them with everything you got, and then they do something that make you kind of like them again...

Then there is "Blue mountain state", which is a series about a stereotype? American football team. Lots of sex, lots of drugs, girls and everything that represents American college. Really funny if you like American-Pie-Humor. (if that makes sense).

A movie I think you might like is "The experiment". If you have not seen it already you should definitely watch it. When a movie is based on a true story it' s always kind of cool. There is loads of other cool movies, but this one is somewhat harder to find I think, that's why I mention it.

I've watched prison break and would put it in my top 3 TV series. Currently watching breaking bad and I'm through 3 seasons since Tuesday..... 10/10 will keep watching until I go back to uni on Saturday.

*edit* How could I forgot Pokemon Indigo Series 11/10 must watch

Edited by Guest

Weeds is brilliant

Widowed suburbanite Nancy Botwin (Mary-Louise Parker) starts growing and selling marijuana to make enough money to support her family after her husband's unexpected death leaves her in big debt. Nancy has associates in her pot-growing business, which include Andy, who is her brother-in-law, and pot-smoking City Councilman Doug Wilson. Then there's the business of trying to keep the whole thing secret from people like her neighbor Celia.

It's as if your mums started selling weed to get by, the concept sound crap but the series is brilliant.

For the more multicultural of you that wouldn't turn your nose up at anything where the characters have eyes any bigger than the size of a large plum then there are a few good Japanese Animations existing on Netflix currently. A good two which strike the same vein are:

Ghost in the Shell:

ghost-in-the-shell_540533.jpg

In this cyberpunk anime classic, a government cyborg is tasked with apprehending a hacker who's taking over the minds of computer-enhanced humans.

and

Psycho-Pass:

psycho-pass_80006146.jpg

In the year 2113, people are given brain scans to determine how likely they are to commit a crime. Those who fail are apprehended, or even killed.

They are both incredibly good and stand out aside the usually negative connotations associated with the medium.