Sign in to follow this  
Allen Snider

Best gaming experience?

Small-6934-2.jpg

Battlefield Vietnam was the shit when I was like 12.

Used to play local play and troll around with friends and family, especially my twin cousins.

I would fucking love to go back and experience it all over again.

I can't pick my one best experience so i'll list a few.

My first gaming experience was a Commodore 64, playing Monkey Island with my dad.

lucasarts-monkey-island.jpg

We'd spend hours on it. At the time i wasn't quite old enough to understand the puzzles but slowly things began to make sense.

I'd come home from school and my dad would have a big smile on his face 'cause he's dying to tell me how he cracked the puzzle we'd spent the previous night on.

Come to think of it, me and my dad played all sorts. Tomb Raider on the PS1 is another one of his favorites.

When the X360 was in, besides Halo3, all i played was CoD4.

I'm not afraid to say i was pretty good at Hardcore S&D. I was a massive soundwhore.

There would be nights i'd finish playing and i'd have a serious problem with adrenaline keeping me awake.

Then there was MW2 and the death of what we knew was CoD.

Finally as i mentioned in another thread, DayZ Mod was possibly my best gaming experience to date.

Lz4rhDZl.jpg

This was taken just before we all bunged into the back of a Ural and assaulted NWA.

There were only two bandits but we nabbed a Little Bird.

I really really do miss DayZ mod. Even with all of its imperfections, I can forgive it.

Our clan had it all. Our COs were ex-military, our members were all military heads.

We knew how to operate, and nothing could stop us.

We'd band together when in trouble, organising casevacs, air support, supplies... It's the most fun I've ever had online since the Halo and CoD4 days.

Gaming is love.

Gaming is lyf.

Zozzle.

Lan Parties for age of empires2/red alert 2 where i would scream on top of my lungs like an elitist scum to tell people how to play the game(I guess i was 7-12 at that time). And everytime I was playing and people watching, nobody could understand what I was doing when my screen was spazzing out of control with microing.

Spent countless hours on my GBA playing Pokémon Sapphire, leveling up every Pokémon in my team to 100 and battling over link cable with my friends.

Recently I completed the last episode of Life Is Strange and for me it was a beautiful experience. It was so much similar to what happens in real life. I had fun, I laughed, I cried. Best thing I have ever played till now.

So, ima gonna best gaming experience from my childhood, one more recent and one with freinds as I think each of those three categories has provided a different experience for a different reason.

So, from a child it was probably Oblivion, what a fucking game. One that I could sit back and just play for hours and hours. Never knew what a true open world game felt like till I played that. Blew my mind as a kid. Unfourtunatly I came back to it recently after picking up the GOTY edition in a steam sale for a fiver, damn that game does not stand up like it used to :( taught me that childhood favourites should defiantly be left to realm of fond memories and nostalgia.

More recently I would say, being a relatively new smoker and just getting into far cry 4. Having been high only a couple of times before at a freinds house I decided on his advice to try smoking at home alone for the first time and playing a game. The game was far cry 4 and it melted my fucking brain 3 nights in a row. The game itself isn't perfect or even arguably that good compared to FC3 but it goes down in my personal history of gaming as the defining moment that I realised that weed and video games are the perfect combination.

And, for playing with freinds then can only be one real answer, and if someone really really forced me to chose it would come out on top of the other two. GTA 5 online. Without a shadow of a doubt is the game I have consistently had that much enjoyment out of. I can't count the amount of times the chaos that 5 or 6 people can create in that game has had me in tears with laughter. The sheer amount of stuff to do + being totally unscripted, you make your own fun is basically just like hanging out with your freinds in a huge play park, I love it.

GTA 5 Online

Aye it's a good one and i almost said it myself.

But i mentioned in the 'Love/Hate relashionship' thread, it's such a farce to get going. Without a good crew or finding a random hacker, earning money is tedious.

That being said, It gives an experience like no other.

TM_GCN_MarioKartDoubleDash_sharing_image_400.png

Me and my brother playing this everyday after school, he would be driving. I would be on the back throwing shells off.

My second most fond experience would be having my first raid in World of Warcraft, having that instantly got me hooked. (Karazhan)

My first true love in gaming came in the demo disc i got for the ps1 all them years ago. There was a game on there called Future Cop: LAPD and i have yet to see a game like it since, maybe a more simple version of League of Legends (thinking about it now League has stolen a fuck ton of ideas from that game haha). My brother and my sister and i would play small tournaments on that game, being a demo meant we had to restart the game after every match, but i didnt care, it still stands as one of the best games i've ever played.

When i was about 8 or so we picked up our first PC and with that came Half-Life. Games come and go but that has stood the test of time as my favourite game ever. I still play it a couple of times a year and is perfect for if your internet goes down.

God i spent tons of hours on runescape and GTA san andreas, these games are still good as hell.

BO2 was nice too, and never forget that good old MW2

Earliest memory: Going round to a mates house every day to play Halo CE Single player cause I couldn't afford a console.

Best: Playing Cod4 every day for about 4 years straight, I preferred it on PC but all my mates only had it on 360 so I played that quite a bit too. Everything from Shipment 1v1s (If you got the first kill u could get so many in a row with the wallbangs if u played it right) to Promod to CodJumper. Best fucking game ever.

When i was a kid and i played through every Ratchet and clank game, i finished every one of them atleast 3 times.

The third game i had finished 12 times (help me), i really loved that game, also every game that i played i experienced

incredible happiness when i played when i was a kid, reliving the same feeling would be awesome.

One moment all sticks in my head is the first time I played Half-life 2, when the NPCs eyes followed you around

Favourite moment was going around friends house and playing halo 3 and call of duty zombies together was such a good laugh. Also nothing beats Mario kart drinking game on rainbow road

Dude, drinking whilst playing rainbow road is one thing. I remember I dropped acid and my room mate at the time convinced me to get the N64 on the big TV and try playing rainbow road, it was an enjoyable experience but after like 2 mins everything amalgamated into one giant multi coloured pixel.

Sets the scene :

maxresdefault.jpg