Sign in to follow this  
Holo

Black Desert Online

Hello I'm here to present you the epics.

I don't know how many of you know but a Korean MMORPG called Black Desert is coming out in the West around Feb/March this year.

It looks really good. I've played some of it on the Russian version which requires a VPN to play as every IP outside Russia is blocked.

I've played it for a while and I still think it's incredibly fun.

The character creator is insane and has A LOT of customization

The combat is kinda hack/slash and very fast paced with a lot of dodging and a lot of cool-looking abilities.

It's an OWPVP (Open world PVP) Sandbox MMORPG. PVPing will be activated once you reach a certain level (I think it's 30??) and will stay on forever but you will still be safe in safe-zones.

The game is very PVP based and there's almost no endgame PVE content at all but there's a crazy amount of endgame PVP content.

There's no level-cap but when you reach level 60 there's a soft levelcap(meaning you'll level way slower than normal).

Classes: Warrior, Valkyrie, Giant, Ranger, Wizard, Witch, Sorceress, Ninja, Konoichi, Tamer, Musa and Plum.

Musa and Plum are male and female counterparts. They have a katana-style sword and fight with katana-styled attacks.

Ninja and Konoichi are male and female counterparts. They attack with Kunais, throwing stars, daggers, you name it.

Warrior and Valkyrie are male and female counterparts. They both have Sword and shield but Warrior is a darker version of Valkyrie.

Tamer (Originally called Beastmaster) is a female-only class that can summon a huge shadow-beast that fights for/with her.

Ranger is a female-only class that fights using her bow and a small dagger for close-combat.

Wizard and Witch are male and female counterparts. They use different kind of elemental magic. (Ice, fire, water)

Sorceress is (yet again..) a female-only class. She fights with dark-smokeyish magic that looks sick as hell. She is also only of the most mobile classes.

Giant/Beserker is a brute-type class. It fights with dual-wielded axes and has a lot of grappling moves and it likes to throw around enemies.

I must note that only: Giant, Sorceress, Wizard, Witch, Tamer, Warrior, Valkyrie and Ranger will be out @ launch but the rest will be released later.

As far as we can tell there won't be any P2W elements which is always nice.

So far there's been 128000+ pre-orders in NA & EU.

Personally I'm very excited about it as it's gonna be the first MMORPG I've played that is very focused on PVP.

Anyways, that's the end of this.

Thought that maybe some of you would be interested.

I have to try that, thanks for the info Holo :grin1:

Can't wait to play with Musa/Plum or Ranger but although I like hack and slash games I tend to get bored pretty quickly. Lets hope that doesn't happen with this game.

If I have money at the time it comes out, I'll probably get this as I'm interested in the more PvP styled aspect and I haven't really got into a MMORPG properly since GW2 on first release, which I eventually died out on because I didn't find myself people to play with (I don't mind grinding games, but I like to grind them with company).

Also, no male-only classes but three female-only classes...? Sexist fuc-

It looks awesome! Thanks for posting this!

Never heard about this game but I like games like this, i will definitely try this game.

Nice job!

Alright, I don't know if any of you are still interested in this, But they released the Character Creation Online for free

You can get it here : http://www.blackdesertonline.com/events/ccm/

Here are the 2 Characters I'vereated so far

http://imgur.com/a/86g6j

Male is Warrior, Female is Valkyrie

I fucking hate you for putting this up Holo.

Heres another one : http://imgur.com/a/K7NyJ

This time a Tamer

I want to quickly bump this threat as the game came out and I am considering buying it. Thoughts?

The game comes out for everyone on Thursday, I'm getting it tomorrow due to pre-order and the only person I know who's played quite a lot already is Holo - as he got it on Sunday. Will let you know more about the game once I've played it, but all I've been hearing from Holo is good feedback (but then again, he was very hyped for this game).

Waiting on Kenji to get in on the juices but I'm afraid he's a dry baguette :/

tl;dr - Buy it Finn, you know you want to.