Sign in to follow this  
Lewis

Veteran Admin Vote

I raised this up in a ts channel recently, and it was a bit of a murmured response, so i'll post a thread here:

memberlist.php?mode=group&g=21

These people, the latest of which to sign up to the forums was early 2013, could have an opinion on matters which have an effect on the community. E.g increasing slot server size, new server type.

NOT on matters which are relevant to modern jailbreak, like who should become admin or whatever, but greater community implications.

Seems a waste to ignore all that experience.

Currently there are 14 veterans, I know some are completely absent (kriss, tiny) but at the time of a mod meeting, all the veterans online at the time could be bought into a ts room to vote on something.

The majority vote counts as 2 or 3 moderator votes.

(Obviously circumstances are considered, if only 3 veterans show up, it can't count as 3 mod votes)

Extending from veterans, this could apply to the members for more jailbreak issues like maps, as a way to increase community integration.

Lemme know what u think

I see what you are saying, but tbh we usually include you guys in decisions like this, for example the thread made to ask you guys what new server you wanted. I don't think there have been that many non-admin things or "greater community implications" that we could discuss with you guys/ask your help for. We will probably continue to make threads when a community-wide vote/opinion is needed on a matter. About the "wasted experience", I don't think that's necessarily the case, we will probably ask for advice from Veterans when needed, we aren't some closed organisation, if we need that extra help, we know you guys got our backs. If you actually want to get involved involved in meetings, trust me you guys won't find it that interesting, it's mainly admin stuff/JB server as I said before, so the opportunity to bring you guys in rarely arises.

it's mainly admin stuff/JB server as I said before, so the opportunity to bring you guys in rarely arises.

Jesus meetings sound like they have hit rock bottom.

Nothing's really changed.

As much as I understand from what you are getting at Lewis, I don't think we should have any say in which moderators or members are being picked. We had our time in OB, and sure some of us still hang out with OB (Or lurk in the shadows). But I think we can safely asume the present admin team is more then well equiped to make their own decisions and sure advice can be nice but advice can always be given. Not so much as a vote count but as a mere warning or perhaps good statement about an individual.

Atleast that's my view on this subject.

So Mclovin are you saying that the current admin team should be allowed to totally make their own decisions free from the influence of people in Outbreak's past no matter who they are...

How.......

ironic. :glad2:

So those who are categorized by their absence should get a vote in important decisions on the server... :roll:

We are not absent. Most of us regularly contribute on the forums and take part in Outbreak events. The point being made here is that the people in this group have been around long enough to know what works and what doesn't, potentially saving errors to be made by the current team.

As for McLovin, once again your forum reply has absolutely no relevance the the original post. You came back here from being at College and barged your way back into power which lead to the action of buying a Minecraft server that STILL isn't up. You then went on the Jailbreak server for the first time in months and banned people permanently for disrespecting you or "Your little brother". Also during this time you chose to remain "anonymous" so all these guys you were banning had no way of opening legit unban requests. So for you to say that all decisions to be left to the current team is total hypocrisy.

So those who are categorized by their absence should get a vote in important decisions on the server... :roll:

As for McLovin, once again your forum reply has absolutely no relevance the the original post. You came back here from being at College and barged your way back into power

So did I.

But to the point, I feel that everyone we have in the admin team are capable enough. Sure we could include you guys in terms of voicing your opinion (all those in favour of exiling Mintlou to the Elba?)

but it's all a bit complex in my opinion.

I dont think its needed to be honest. I can't see there being any decisions we even need to vote on and obviously if they want our opinion they will ask.

We can continue the discussion for banter, but I think Gaffer wrote the final outcome no matter what we discuss, loud and clear. /thread

I dont think its needed to be honest. I can't see there being any decisions we even need to vote on and obviously if they want our opinion they will ask.

We can continue the discussion for banter, but I think Gaffer wrote the final outcome no matter what we discuss, loud and clear. /thread

Oh, would have liked to see opinions from admin+ before you asked for a thread lock, but whatevs