Sign in to follow this  
FlutterByeBullet

Admin Complaint (RESOLVED)

Admin Name: Unseen

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:29160837

What did he do: Muted me without valid reason (explained in more detail below)

Evidence: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =530804787

Date of incident: Tuesday 6 October

PLEASE READ

Ok so first i want to say that i respect Unseen, he is a great admin and i kinda look up to him. Now i have no big issuse with Unseen nor do i have any personal vendettas against him, but i could not let this incident go unseen...hehe XD see what i did there...ok no more jokes. Now i have never seen or heard of Unseen banning or muting someone because he didnt like them or they were annoying only him. This is why i am going to tell you the events leading up to Unseen muting me, they went as follows:

I joined the server and played a whole round, towards the end of the round i played about the first 4-5 seconds of a song (i was testing my HLDJ to see if it worked)through my mic, i then got muted instantly for 30 min by Unseen. Unseen then removed the ban about 4 seconds later, i was confused as i was sure that i was supposed to recive a warning before i get a mute and instead got insta muted so i asked Unseen why i was muted, his reply was " The fact that i removed the mute counts as a warning"....does it?, i accepted this but i was still confused. So 2 rounds had come and gone and nothing else had happened, i then recived a important phone call during the middle of a round causing me to go afk, when i came back i saw that i had been killed by That British Guy to which i said in voice chat " guys i was afk so thanks for killing me British guy", now some people saw this as me being sarcastic but i was genuinally thanking him for killing me because i had to go afk so sudden, anyway about 3 seconds after i said this Unseen muted me for 10 min, Unseen then typed "You are annoying me"...how did i annoy Unseen?. Now as i have said above i have never seen Unseen do this to anyone so it took me by surprise.

Now i want to say that by making this post im am not aiming to get Unseen demoted or anything like that, Instead i am aiming for Unseen and other Admins or Mods to think about weither the reason they are going to mute or ban someone is a valid reason. As a Admin or a Mod you have been trusted by the owner of the server with special permissions, but with those permissions you are also given the responsibility of ensuring that everyone on the server is happy and that the server is running smoothly, it is also you job and responsibility to enforce the rules of the server where ever and when ever they are being broken. Now i am sure you not need to be told this and i am not trying to tell anyone how to do their job my only aim by having you read this is to remind all the Admins and Mods of the responsibility they hold. I know this personally as i have been Admin and Mod on many different servers on many different games, so i know how hard it is to be a Admin or a Mod but i also know that under no circumstance are you allowed to ban or mute someone just because you are having a bad day and decide that they are annoying you.

Thanks for reading this and i hope that this post does not stop me from being accepted into the community, i hope to be able to get along with everyone so i dont want what i said here to affect that so please if anyone has any problems feel free to talk to me about them, I will be happy to listen.

THX

Flutter

Let's break this down a bit shall we...

First off you say I muted you without a valid reason but then on your first line of the event recount you tell us you were playing a song. Now the mute I gave then was a habit mute, the music was fairly loud and someone was trying to speak - the reason it was 30 minutes is because that is the default mute time and I didn't put in a mute time as I fully intended to remove it at the end of the round (as I did). If it was a long mute or a long ban then I would fully agree with giving a warning, but when someone is playing loud music over others then it is a habit reaction to give them at least a short mute. To explain this to you (as I remember you reaction on the server), the music was still playing when I muted and so it appeared as if my mute had stopped the music due to mic delay while on your end it appeared as if you had stopped.

To the second part - for a start, I wasn't even typing 'you are annoying me' to you - it was, as Thomas replied afterwards, a sassy reply to him saying 'because I rammed up your mum'. I wasn't actually annoyed with him anyway but regardless it wasn't targeted at you - so sorry if that was easily misinterpreted and offended you. Also the 10 minute mute was due to you then talking over the CT excessively, it didn't come across as sarcastic but if it was then I apoligise - but you were still talking over the CT and you have been known to whine a lot when you die on JB.

I don't have anything against you Flutter, but the fact that you think a 10 second and 10 minute mute combination were out of spite rather than actually enforcing the rules (which you go into detail about how we must enforce) when you actually provide the reasons for your mute yourself...it's kinda lame. I like you well enough and you are a nice guy, but sometimes I find you are far too oversensitive and far too often do you interpret people's words/actions in the wrong light.

I agree that people shouldn't take out having a bad day as an admin but, trust me, if I'm having a bad day the last place you'll find me is on JB. As an admin team we speak to each other and if there is anything odd, such as a lengthy ban with a poor reason, we speak to them about it. This was not one of those situations and I think if you look at it from anyone else's perspective you would realise your actions were actually disrupting the game somewhat.

If you have any issues with what I've said or want to talk over what you said, then PM me on the forum/steam or find me on TS3 tonight.

Thanks

I am 100% convinced you are a troll at this point.

I was there, you HLDJ'd some weird arse tentacle music and got like a 10 or 30 min mute or some shit only for him to remove it about a minute later, then conjured this up in your cauldron and posted it the next day? Why the hell does he need to warn you lol, you're a member of the community(?) and should know better than to spam the mic.

Also you were not genuinely thanking the commander for killing you, you were raising your voice and speaking in a very obvious tone of voice to indicate your frustration, to which you were muted for not only being annoying, but also disrupting the round. Why do people think they always entitled to warnings? As I said on the server yesterday, our mods have permission to go full third reich (within reason) if they deem it necessary. If people do not like someone's style of moderating, that's their problem and they are free to leave the server.