SonyTwan

General Fitness/Health Thread

Hey guys if anyone is still about on this thread...does anyone know any good muscular endurance programs they could show me as i want to kinda want to gain some muscle without loosing any of my speed! ...anyone could help that would be great!

Hey guys if anyone is still about on this thread...does anyone know any good muscular endurance programs they could show me as i want to kinda want to gain some muscle without loosing any of my speed! ...anyone could help that would be great!

Depends on your sport, but if you want to just focus on functional muscle which will help your power output, do something like Starting Strength/Stronglifts.

Squats, deadlifts, pressing (bench/overhead), and rows.

If you do want specifically muscular endurance though, you'll want to be doing like 15-20 reps per set though.

Not great for gaining muscle ofc as you'll be stuck on a certain weight until you can properly crank out 20 reps with good form.

Download the Insanity Workout.

Depends on your sport, but if you want to just focus on functional muscle which will help your power output, do something like Starting Strength/Stronglifts.

Squats, deadlifts, pressing (bench/overhead), and rows.

If you do want specifically muscular endurance though, you'll want to be doing like 15-20 reps per set though.

Not great for gaining muscle ofc as you'll be stuck on a certain weight until you can properly crank out 20 reps with good form.

Yeh im looking more towards upper body. For the moment my lower is fine/good, i can run 100m in 11.5,i can max 1 squat 120 (my weight is 73)

So im looking for more upper body thanks for your input!

Download the Insanity Workout.

I will give it a shot cheers!

Reduced my squat weight slightly as I was leaning too far forward which my shoes allow me to, probs not too great for my spine though so focusing on keeping my chest up.

Back to the weight I was at for my bench/OHP before my shoulder injury which is good.

Bought an ab wheel too, RIP my stomach.

wot is every1 else up to

xozCYFB.jpg

Basically my goal, it's before I gained weight. Also I need to work on laughing more. But I just lift weights now and do a lot of kardio. That pic is like 2 years old though.

Nice abs and obliques and is a nice goal but for me im all about mass, i want to be huge!!!

Super late reply.

I do have to cycle a lot which helps down on the weight (because I need to cycle to get places) then a bit of muscle work gets it sorta done. But if I'd want to bulk up.. I'd have to hit the gym way more often than 2 times a week, need to eat way more and such.. That's not for me.

Respect if you can do it though.

Personally prefer playing sport than weight lifting etc. It's costly and some people take it unnecessarily far.

Some guy wanted to play TT so I messaged him, beat him 5-2 (11-13 11-8 11-13 11-6 11-9)

Hopefully play again tonight.

So I joined that society, also joined the badminton society.

Went to tennis trials today for lads, about 75 of us. 3 stages knocking people out until down to about 15-20 of us, re trials are Tuesday 9-11pm...

Other than that I joined the gaming society here for £3 lmao

also the history one.