SonyTwan

General Fitness/Health Thread

May as well share my own (lack of) progress.

Lost motivation and stopped going to the gym right after Christmas. In February I was watching a show called "Sun, Sex and Suspicious Parents" where they were in Magaluf and it made me realise I didn't want to be a skinny shit on the beaches.

Since February I've been doing push ups every night (started with 10, now do 25) and although I'm still pretty skinny I've got an okay six pack. Really desperate to get back to the gym as soon as I'm done with these exams but the ligament damage in my right arm is really frustrating and stops be from doing any type of curling exercises. 

Hold me accountable to this post if you talk to me on Discord/Teamspeak and I haven't rejoined the gym.

looks pretty good @nick, remember to squeeze your glutes and tuck your pelvis at the top and ofc more breaths into your belly

@IrishChamp have you messed around with curl variations? hammer curls, ez bar, straight bar.
try a lower weight and just really focus on form and lowering slowly.
if you can't do curls its not the end of the world, chin ups and rows will grow your biceps

Getting into going to the gym and also maybe some runs on saturdays, any tips on what to do to just generally decrease fat and work on strength at the same time? I want to get the best out of the time I spend at the gym. General workout routines and stuff like that would be nice. Also would like to work on my core because that shit is horrible, not too worried about legs.

if you wanna ignore your legs that's your prerogative i guess, though many are great for your core and certain upper body muscles like your traps.
just eat less calories, eat some more protein, track your weight to make sure it's working, and do some upper body and core exercises while progressively increasing weight/difficulty each session. on my upper body days I typically do a bench variation, a rowing movement, a shoulder movement, pull ups, and some accessory exercises for whatever else i wanna work.

i'd recommend this as a program, though it does include legs

http://www.canditotraininghq.com/app/download/956915124/Candito+Linear+Program.pdf

Edited by SonyTwan

Put on some more weight/mustle

122lbs around that to 135lbs

Anyone got any specific training programmes they swear by? I've got a solid 2 months of 0 to do, and I feel it makes sense to get back into shape. I've been training for 3 years as a rower, leaving me really weirdly unbalanced. I'd really like to develop my chest

1 hour ago, Wist said:

Anyone got any specific training programmes they swear by? I've got a solid 2 months of 0 to do, and I feel it makes sense to get back into shape. I've been training for 3 years as a rower, leaving me really weirdly unbalanced. I'd really like to develop my chest

Sony and Cereal gave me this one and I really enjoyed it and noticed progress while I was doing it.

https://www.google.es/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.canditotraininghq.com/app/download/956915124/Candito%2BLinear%2BProgram.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwje6pzchIPcAhUhsqQKHZAYB6cQFjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw2mildNI5CZPFE9eUgETGxC

That url is mad long sorry it's a PDF download instead of a website so I can't give you any other.

On 16/06/2018 at 18:22, Brandon said:

Put on some more weight/mustle

122lbs around that to 135lbs

63.5 kg (141 Lbs)

goal 73kg

Edited by Guest