SonyTwan

General Fitness/Health Thread

@nick

Pretty impressive, although I'd probs be careful cuz your lower back looks pretty rounded, especially when you put the weight down. I also tend to take my shoes off when deadlifting, as it brings me closer to the ground.

What really helped me to begin with is post on the subreddit /r/fitness, they have like a form checker thread where people who really know what they're doing help you. 

1 hour ago, Cereal said:

@nick

Pretty impressive, although I'd probs be careful cuz your lower back looks pretty rounded, especially when you put the weight down. I also tend to take my shoes off when deadlifting, as it brings me closer to the ground.

What really helped me to begin with is post on the subreddit /r/fitness, they have like a form checker thread where people who really know what they're doing help you. 

ty

ill be doing it again in a week or so.

ill make another video trying to get a better form

Starting going gym again today, will give you an update at Christmas.

weight: 57kg , 126lbs

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Starting going gym again today, will give you an update at Christmas.

weight: 57kg , 126lbs

Honestly use this program: http://www.canditotraininghq.com/app/download/911765404/Candito+6+Week+Strength+Program.pdf

Sony and Cereal recommended it to me and I fucking love it. You can do it 3 days a week or 4, whatever suits. 

I'd say you're best off taking a few days finding out your 1 honor max (the highest weight you can do 1 lift with) for bench press, deadlift and squat. Make sure to watch some YouTube videos on correct form as otherwise you'll fuck yourself up. 

Start light, even just the bar and gradually add until you get to what you feel is the most you can lift without failure. Then take 75%/80% of this and use it with the program I linked. If you have any questions about the optional exercises, there's a list in this thread a page or two back. Make sure you're getting protein into you after the gym, and if you don't start taking it seriously get some a Gold Standard Whey, they sell it in Holland and Barret in town but I get it a fair bit cheaper via Amazon + parcel motel.

20 hours ago, IrishChamp said:

Honestly use this program: http://www.canditotraininghq.com/app/download/911765404/Candito+6+Week+Strength+Program.pdf

Sony and Cereal recommended it to me and I fucking love it. You can do it 3 days a week or 4, whatever suits. 

I'd say you're best off taking a few days finding out your 1 honor max (the highest weight you can do 1 lift with) for bench press, deadlift and squat. Make sure to watch some YouTube videos on correct form as otherwise you'll fuck yourself up. 

Start light, even just the bar and gradually add until you get to what you feel is the most you can lift without failure. Then take 75%/80% of this and use it with the program I linked. If you have any questions about the optional exercises, there's a list in this thread a page or two back. Make sure you're getting protein into you after the gym, and if you don't start taking it seriously get some a Gold Standard Whey, they sell it in Holland and Barret in town but I get it a fair bit cheaper via Amazon + parcel motel.

Would agree with this, my 6rm squat went up 10kg in 6 weeks with this, I've just finished it and am going to try my 1rms next week and post here. 

Try and give your schedule more structure I suppose.
I'm always out on Monday, Tuesday and Friday evenings. Leaves me with Wednesday/Thursday evening, Saturday afternoon, and Sunday afternoon/evening depending what I'm doing. Not having Sundays is a bit of pain, but you could always do a 3 day routine.

and looking back at that video @nick the bar shouldn't leave your legs at all, during the ascent or the descent if you're controlling it on the way down.
I can understand why you're doing it though. Due to your hips not being far enough back, the angle of your shin isn't vertical, so in order to pull straight up you don't let the bar touch your legs.

think about pulling the bar into you, like you're trying to bend it around your legs

12 minutes ago, SonyTwan said:

and looking back at that video @nick the bar shouldn't leave your legs at all, during the ascent or the descent if you're controlling it on the way down.
I can understand why you're doing it though. Due to your hips not being far enough back, the angle of your shin isn't vertical, so in order to pull straight up you don't let the bar touch your legs.

think about pulling the bar into you, like you're trying to bend it around your legs

ty will try it tomorrow