Sign in to follow this  
Churd

Getting annoying now

Personally I don't really think this is much of an issue. Yes I've played at night time and I've seen freekillers/rule breakers but I think getting a recording & posting it on the forums is much better at those times.

The only other solution would be to get night time admins but that doesn't really sound like a good solution.

Instances where people are breaking the rules and there are no admins/mods on to help even happen during the daytime as well nighttime. It can't be blamed on the admins/mods because they cant be expected to be online permanently. In my opinion the only way to stop this is to implement votekick/voteban. SInce this happens during the day sometimes, it shouldnt be restricted to specific times. Would it be easier to find a plugin which only allows certain players to initiate a vote (members+)?

For the time being, if you're on late at night just go warden. I've never seen a CT intentionally freekilling for more than a round or two late at night, they are just bad and triggerhappy. If you warden well and warn the T's to not step out of line, everything will go ahead as usual :)

Goodluck finding a plugin that will do that

It wouldn't really be hard to make one, just a disable and enable based on a certain time

The idea of a plugin which allows certain people votekick/voteban (temporarily) at certain hours is great, but as mentioned, without the plugin, it will remain an idea.

Also, Churd, please get rid of the gif image from your signature. It takes up half my page, and I'm not exactly on a low-resolution or a small monitor.

Sorry, I use a massive monitor, didn't realise

What we could do us go to sleep instead of playing CSGO at 2am when the trolls are about? Like I know you work nights but why go onto the server full of free killers just wait for a time that is good for you and the server, also on a side note most mornings when I have a gander at who is on the server there is less than 10 therefore ruining game play further as most of them are unlikely to speak.

In conclusion, go to sleep!! :P

I'd just threaten to ban them and warden myself, usually shuts them up :lol:

Are we allowed to impersonate admins?

Well not really but the odd

"Do this or you'll get banned" does fly around when no staff on, it sometimes helps to keep the peace but try not to unless absolutely necessary.

I'd just threaten to ban them and warden myself, usually shuts them up :lol:

Are we allowed to impersonate admins?

Well not really but the odd

"Do this or you'll get banned" does fly around when no staff on, it sometimes helps to keep the peace but try not to unless absolutely necessary.

Nice response, thanks John.

This has been a problem forever; unfortunately, since we are a UK jailbreak server, we probably won't be on in the early hours of the morning. Like others have said, demo it and slam it in the ban request section, that way we clear up a few regular freekillers that might appear. Apart from that, become more involved in the community, try and get mod then you can deal with them yourself!

When it's late, usually past 2am in the UK, there's no staff on, and it's rife with freekillers, it's happening almost every time i'm on late, my idea to combat this is some kind of votekick or voteban (Which would be temp) or votectban. It's actually getting really annoying having to come off the server when I really want to play because one person has to be an idiot.

I agree with what churd is saying here maybe his suggestion of a voteban or votekick being implemented on the server would help make late nights on the servers more enjoyable because when i am online in the morning UK time i come across a lot of free killers and they have no regards for any of the rules they just carry on and do not care if a admin bans them but no admin is on or any form of players with the power to kick which is understandable but i hope this suggestion by churd gets implemented on the server or even so if there is no way maybe and admin could toggle vote to kick player late in the evening before going off.

Have a great day everyone :)

You kick them they come back.

It disrupts the gameplay you are trying to save in the first place.

Most trolls will f2.

The trolls could abuse it and Votekick you for example.

You kick them they come back.

It disrupts the gameplay you are trying to save in the first place.

Most trolls will f2.

The trolls could abuse it and Votekick you for example.

I think votectban would be the best to solve this, It'd allow them to still play, just not able to freekill as they please