Sign in to follow this  
Wist

H1Y1 Results

you may aswell make me admin in the OB champ group

I think we need to put some sort of handicap on lewis for future events, guy is either too op or hacks.

Maybe use full blind + drugs on him and see how it goes... inb4 "I would still win lel"

you may aswell make me admin in the OB champ group

I think we need to put some sort of handicap on lewis for future events, guy is either too op or hacks.

Maybe use full blind + drugs on him and see how it goes... inb4 "I would still win lel"

i would still win, lel

will take my 4th in a row

I think this was a good event - I know we went 4th so you could say it was unfair, but then we had to immediately go again - so we went 4th/5th.

Team that went 1st got to watch 7 rounds before they attempted again. So time wise i reckon it was even.

At the start i was worried it might be too hard, but the 2nd team proved that wrong.

Weird that no one employed our tactic - just fucking yoloed water to the pump room.

also good that it went a lot quicker than some past events - the start time is getting quicker for sure

This always happens when there is no symmetry in the gamemode (like CTF is symmetric each team has to do the same). You can't say it's fair because of the reason you mentioned, the last team that goes in the row has a definite advantage over team 1, between team 3 and team 4 the difference is very slight so it diminishes after time.

The only way to really tackle this problem is by doing a few test rounds first, so people can get a feeling for the gamemode so the advantage is taken away. But even then some teams may end up hiding their real strats for later on at which someone who comes after that team has an advantage. Even if they don't it just drags the event out for so much longer. Think it's just something you have to accept.

will take my 4th in a row

I think this was a good event - I know we went 4th so you could say it was unfair, but then we had to immediately go again - so we went 4th/5th.

Team that went 1st got to watch 7 rounds before they attempted again. So time wise i reckon it was even.

At the start i was worried it might be too hard, but the 2nd team proved that wrong.

Weird that no one employed our tactic - just fucking yoloed water to the pump room.

also good that it went a lot quicker than some past events - the start time is getting quicker for sure

This always happens when there is no symmetry in the gamemode (like CTF is symmetric each team has to do the same). You can't say it's fair because of the reason you mentioned, the last team that goes in the row has a definite advantage over team 1, between team 3 and team 4 the difference is very slight so it diminishes after time.

Not at all, there were 8 rounds and about 6 different tactics employed by either team. For instance we came up with something original going 5th, people going 7th and 8th also tried different things.

You're always going to get better the more you try/watch something. If you've watched teams try rounds out 7 times, of course you're gonna be at more of an advantage than the team going 4th. You know what worked, what didn't work.

Should probably have been a test round tho