Sign in to follow this  
Skeff

ba_jail_soar

Had a little play, my criticism for the map:

1. Cell button delay seems unnecessary and annoying

2. Map is mostly one texture, maybe spice it up?

3. Deathrun is poorly angled for CTs, and the trap delay makes hitting buttons to kill Ts impossible

4. Pool should have solid lane dividers

5. AWP towers are a little OP, especially by minefield, maybe add a breakable vent/door?

6. Armoury door cannot be opened again from the outside by CTs

7. Cinema is actually really nice, great job. That kind of standard is what the whole map should be like!

8. Football goals are a bit strange in terms of shape

9. Moving obstacle buttons could do with a tweak, but I think you know from last night.

10. Can you add a delay to medic door? It just gets spammed, though you can get Ts out through a window.

If I think of more I'll add!

Have seen the moving obstacle and Minefield before, perhaps some creds to the original mapper would be nice.

But hey that's me.

PS. litterly copy pastes from Kriss maps.

They're not exact copy pastes, just inspired by them and other maps.

If you insist I shall add a footnote for you, but this map has been inspired by all the JB maps I've played, it takes things from all of them and becomes its own map.

For example the slide & death race has similarities to airship

Minefield is similar to sand and training camp

The main building is similar to summer & freedom final

Moving obstacle is similar to lotus, outbreak day

I plan to upgrade disco to look more like abandon and alcatraz

Its a great map skeff imo, but alot of things come from other maps as you said yourself. even its not exact a copy you should still credit the original makers. i guess if you didnt copy those parts from other map it would take you a lot more time to create this map. And as you said you got inspired by those maps so does this mean you didnt use any parts from the other maps en created everything by yourself? I Mean even the blackNyellow song is in the obstacle run so i assume you copied a part of that map or am i wrong here?

I dont wanna be rude skeff but this is my opinion. but as soon i did the obstacle run it straight reminded me from kriss maps.

Its a great map skeff imo, but alot of things come from other maps as you said yourself. even its not exact a copy you should still credit the original makers. i guess if you didnt copy those parts from other map it would take you a lot more time to create this map. And as you said you got inspired by those maps so does this mean you didnt use any parts from the other maps en created everything by yourself? I Mean even the blackNyellow song is in the obstacle run so i assume you copied a part of that map or am i wrong here?

Nothing was copied from another map if thats what you mean, I just create the same effect or feel. For example the minefield look was inspired by the look of the minefield on training camp but the triggers are quite different, more like the ones on sand.

Also which map had the moving obstacle & the black and yellow song? the only map I could find with the song was abandon and that didn't have a moving obstacle.

It's just respectful to credit the original creator of the activity, if such things are copy and pasted.

But, having said that, the map does look really good and heading in a good direction!

It wasn't copy-pasted though. That suggests that Skeff hasn't spent hours in the hellhouse better known as Hammer putting it together. Your flippancy suggests you haven't ever used Hammer, so don't know how bloody painful it is.

Credits, 'inspired by', yeah sure, but don't slag him off, especially when he's put so much work in.

It's just respectful to credit the original creator of the activity, if such things are copy and pasted.

But, having said that, the map does look really good and heading in a good direction!

It wasn't copy-pasted though. That suggests that Skeff hasn't spent hours in the hellhouse better known as Hammer putting it together. Your flippancy suggests you haven't ever used Hammer, so don't know how bloody painful it is.

Credits, 'inspired by', yeah sure, but don't slag him off, especially when he's put so much work in.

^

Nice work Skeff, the cell door button delay is a bit irksome, the fire escape ladders are a bit fruity and the AWP towers are a bit OP but other than that; nice!

How many maps have you made previously?

the cell door button delay is a bit irksome, the fire escape ladders are a bit fruity and the AWP towers are a bit OP but other than that; nice!

Except for the fire escape which I don't see any major issues with, I've addressed all these issues for the second beta.

Instant cell doors, doors and delays to slow people going to the towers, only 1 scout with limited ammo in the towers.

I've also changed the secret armoury so it requires multiple people to access (because at the moment it's too easy to get all the guns), so it can be used more for war days rather than everyday rebelling.

And a bunch of other good changes, everytime I go on beta1 I'm just like "wow, it's changed so much"

How many maps have you made previously?

I've published three maps, edited a few for events and generally played with map ideas such as a mario kart minigame map (Good idea but practically is bad).

ba_disco_streets - My first attempt to create a jb map. I finished it when OB lost it's CSS JB server. It was a nice idea to have discos everywhere but file size was an issue and we didn't test it much so it's unsure if it was good for jb - http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/178146

jb_prison_cell - My first CSGO JB map. I finished it and it played well. I got a good rating on game banana but it seemed to crash the OB server so we've never tested it - http://csgo.gamebanana.com/maps/183231

And of course ba_jail_soar - http://csgo.gamebanana.com/maps/183710

Although after this map has finished I want to look into creating a small JB map that has multiple games and lots of custom textures, currently I'm using the default ones which aren't as good. It's possible I will create it as an Outbreak map, giving each member their own unique secret and unpdating it every so often to accommodate for changes in members.