Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Outbreak Monthly - Issue #5 - April

Hello OBlettes!

Welcome to Outbreak monthly #5.

So spring is here and the sun is coming back, let's hope that OB will keep growing. As will all the gay ass plants in the real world.

Firstly thank you everyone who donated. It has helped greatly to keep the server running. With this there will be more donator perks arriving. Both forum based and server based. Speaking of forum based donations, did you know donators get a custom user rank? Yeah I forgot about that also, so will keep a better eye on it in future.

DarkRP - So there was a lul on DarkRP. I noticed people were playing a game called Crusader Kings 2? Fuck knows what it is. Anyway we are trying to combat people not wanting to go police and mayor and such, so we are looking at making a few changes towards these jobs to make them more appealing.

Firstly

Police Chiefs will be allowed to sell weapons to his police staff, but only from within the confines of the Police Station. Breaking this rule will result in demote.

Police Chiefs now spawn with spike strips to use against criminals on bikes. Only 1 spike strip can be deployed.

To deploy - Select spike strip weapon, crouch and look at floor. Hold left click. To pick up do the same but with right click. Strip will need welding to stop it moving when hit.

All police staff will spawn with Tazers.

We will make this change because we feel that people avoid being police as the chase to catch someone and arrest them isn't worth it. So hopefully a short range tazer will encourage people to become police and fight crime.

We are currently bug testing the tazer so this could change.

We will also be adding a votekick and voteban system to the server for members and possibly donators only. This is to use against the obvious minges. Abusing the function will result in it being taken away.

We are adding more changes and new things to the server constantly, and if you have anything you want to see added, wether it be jobs or otherwise, post in the darkrp section letting me know:

viewforum.php?f=76

Events

The event sign up thread is live and this week it is a blind vip suicide extravaganda.

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=4579

Events should be happening every 2 weeks as always. We are now looking to other event mediums to keep you entertained.

New moderators

Congratulations to our new moderators:

Keiji

Total

Mintlou

They are currently being trialed and monitored to hopefully become full moderators within the community.

Live Streams

Live streams have been going well, and I'm hoping to get the stream going more frequently. We currently have a giveaway going on. When the follow count hits 300 we will be giving away LEGO: LoTR to a random follower. We are always looking for new people to stream or people to help out with streams.

Youtube

A Youtube channel for Outbreak exists, but we are hoping to push this a little further and actually have some videos on there. Now my time has freed up this is becoming possible. We will keep you updated.

CS:GO

We have lots of keen beeners. And some people have mentioned mix teams. I'm happy for this to go ahead. So contact me to set a team up if you are interested. I ask that for mix games you wear OB member tags to show you are a team.

So if anyone is interested in this. Then contact me.

Final Words

As some of you may know, I recently got a Raspberry Pi. I want to use this as a server platform. So I am currently tinkering it. I am initially looking at Minecraft, Starbound, and also using it to stream a twitch plays pokemon style bot. But we will see. For now I will just tinker with it. But if you have ideas for a server contact me.

It won't run source servers though. Cause its ARM.

Thank you all for reading and hope your spring starts great.

Gaz

Sign in to follow this