Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Raspberry Pi

So has anyone heard of this? I'm intrigued and really want one. Mainly for the retro gaming emulation fun. Would love to play some old games on a big tv with it.

£30 for a pc is pretty good. I would also want to use it as an LED light control for my room when it's finally set up.

Anyway has anyone got one? Or thinking of getting one? Etc

I had one.

For what it is, they're pretty good. If you want to do anything with it, You need to know linux well, I don't. They don't have much as standard on them when you've got debian installed; for instance surfing the web is largely unsupported and for flash you need to do some magic, which I was unable to do.

I didn't look into the gaming side of it because I was fed up of the lack of USB ports.

So has anyone heard of this? I'm intrigued and really want one. Mainly for the retro gaming emulation fun. Would love to play some old games on a big tv with it.

£30 for a pc is pretty good. I would also want to use it as an LED light control for my room when it's finally set up.

Anyway has anyone got one? Or thinking of getting one? Etc

My friend gave one to me as a birthday present, and while they may not be AS powerful as a normal PC, for 30 quid its pretty damn cheap :D

They are very good if you like to experiment with coding on linux and shit like that.

I'd go for it Gaz, I know you would like it :)

My friend gave one to me as a birthday present, and while they may not be AS powerful as a normal PC, for 30 quid its pretty damn cheap :D

My friends buy me 50p worth of sweets.

At the most.

Edit : On topic - I hadn't heard of it before your topic and, after looking at it, it looks pretty good. I had actually come across a similar version to the coffee table Pi before at a conference I went to a couple of years back about different sorts of technology and I was intrigued by it but never had the opportunity to search up on it or know what it actually was. (Before you call me nerdy, idc. The conference / gallery was v interesting, though I wish I could go again as I think I'd understand more of what they were saying now)

My friends buy me 50p worth of sweets.

At the most.

I meant friends as in cousins, I don't call them cousins because I find it really awkward for some reason.