Sign in to follow this  
UnSeen

[RESULTS] Hitmen n Gimps

After the great battle Total, also known as Samuel L Jackson, came out triumphant and John Travolta had to sit down to cry in a corner.

Keiji, Antizombie, Venga, Hishot, Mintlou, Toby, Dyer51, Britten, Monkey, Stiqqy - John Travolta on 43 points

Total, Biggles, Wist, Landshark, Navyblue, Shadow, Cheesepuff, Tom/Weezy, Nutcracker, Spike - Samuel L Jackson on 109 points

Thanks all for coming, please let me know any constructive feedback although as usual a lot of things are spotted as the event goes on.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ NOPE.

Whilst this event displayed an imperfection in team selection (tbh Shark is just imba king mitch), having done events where you pick teams before the event generates a LOT of QQing. Overall, if we had Weezy as a player or something, the teams would have been more or less fair. The 'mixing' crowd do not always live up to their reputation, whtaever Britten says, and it was mainly King Mitchel who delivered such a sound thrashing.

The decision to dump Weezy onto the already winning team, however, did cement the view that the last round had to be LMGs and Linkin Park cancer/hilarity.

Sources: running some events, participating in some events, people crying.

I think that event teams should be decided on the forums in advance to the event.

Team Captains is the best way of doing it as many people can drop out or just turn up on the day which then usually makes the teams that were decided unfair just make sure the Captains aren't newbies as regulars of OB usually know most people round about skill levels.

And then theirs Drop-out mid game which is just gonna make people cry but shamefully that cant really be helped.

In agreement to Venga, I have done team choosing a couple of times in the past - and although I feel I got it as fair as possible, QQ will still arise.

If done efficiently and quickly teams picked by captains is simply down to the teams picks not my fault. I also have to point out that the idea of 'time consuming' is not entirely true, the team picking itself took 5 minutes max imo, it was simply getting people onto the server alone and deciding who would replace the people who didn't turn up / wish to compete which took up time and was somewhat uncontrollable.

The last 2 rounds fill in by Weezy was somewhat unfair I agree and that's why I didn't complain about the piss about round with Anti. Looking at the scores however, Weezy's appearance would have made no difference to the end result.

And yes Gaz, hardcore it was.