Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

The Future Of OB

Hello all

As you know McLovin has stepped down as owner of Outbreak. I had spoken to McLovin about it for a while. We both knew I would not be able to take over and do the server work alone. After discussion, I told him I would keep the website and a teamspeak running for nostalgic purpose and for people to keep in contact.

Afterwards I thought, people love this place, they wouldn't want to see OB die. I was convinced this place could run off forum and ts3 only. As it stands, it appears I am right.... For once.

After saying I would keep the website and teamspeak going, people called out for a server. This is where Venga and Cash stepped forward. They have offered to pay for a Jailbreak Server. Hopefully that will be here in the coming days.

Where does that leave Surf and Minigames? Well I announced to the team a few days ago, that surf would be closed. Sadly that means minigames is also going. This is because we are getting rid of the dedicated server. It is creating too much work for one person to handle, and due to the lack of Linux knowledge within the team, it was impractical to keep up.

This isn't the only change to outbreak. There are going to be a lot. Some minor, some major. Here is a break down:

1) Tomorrow - 20/08/13 the forums will be upgraded and jigged around. During this time they will be taken offline, but the teamspeak will still be up and running. I'm hoping to get this finished in the morning.

Some forum sections will have been moved around, some will be missing completely. The css server sections will be put into it's own archieve. For viewing purposes only.

There will be an arcade added to the forum, we are gamers after all. Just something small and fun to pass the time.

2) Other members of the staff have put offers of servers in, here is a list of upcoming and current servers:

Jailbreak - CS:S

CS 1.6 - Dust2 or dm

TF2 - 24/7 double cross we think

Members Only Minecraft Server

CS:S Paintball Lazers - rotating Assault and Office

3) We will also be creating gaming teams for games without servers.

Guild Wars 2 now has an Outbreak affiliated Guild

League Of Legends will also have an Outbreak Team

4) All the above game related news will have their own forum sections for chatter and support

5) Review Team will be put into place

6) Live streaming team will also be put into place

These are definate changes upcoming for you guys. Times will be hard whilst we find our feet again. How can you help?

Well if you have your own gaming server, or want to start one you can become an associate server owner. This means you simply have server ads giving people the address to Outbreak, so they can join the community and play games with everyone. If you haven't set a server up yet, feel free to contact me and if I have time I can help you set one up. It's like sharing the love. In return you will have your server banner or gametracker banner at the top of the website where the current ones are. You will also get your own channel on teamspeak for users of your server, and finally a forum section for chatter and support. An easy place for your playerbase to give you feedback and praise. But please make sure you let us know this is happening before you go ahead and do it.

Or if you play a game that is not server based, e.g. Guild Wars. Then feel free to send your members to Outbreak, if it populates enough, we can set up a forum section again for you playerbase to chat and communicate.

What if you cannot do either?

Simple, wear your OB Member or OB Fan tags with pride. Show people you meet on other servers you are fun and out going.

Now I must say thank you to McLovin, for his hard work and determination during many many changes to Outbreak. He created the playerbase we have today, and we should always remember that.

Finally where does that leave me? I no longer have time to keep game servers running so this website is all I really have time for. I am so grateful to the team for their support and want to keep outbreak running. I feel privalidged to have them around. Hopefully this new direction will mean good things for Outbreak, and hopefully you will stick by me and the rest of the team with what is about to happen.

Time for the next chapter, I should probably update the history of Outbreak now.

Gaz - Community Coordinator

Sign in to follow this